Anonymous Questions : Responses

More
6 years 8 months ago #297355 by Edan
If a Knight leaves the Temple, what happens with their apprentices?

Depends on their manner of leaving.

If a knight steps down, either to return to a guest or to leave completely (happens occasionally) then the knight usually tries to find their apprentices other masters, as I did when I stepped down.

If a knight disappears without warning or contact the apprenticeship could be dissolved in their absence. There's no real procedure for this... The apprentice may find another master, or may be masterless for a while and their name returned to the list of people requiring one. Sometimes an apprentice will be taught by more than one person instead, this can also happen if a master/apprentice relationship breaks down.

If a knight leaves, but does not dissolve the apprenticeship and is still willing to teach, then the apprenticeship may continue as normal as long as the apprentice is also happy with this.

https://edane.sarahah.com/

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297356 by
Replied by on topic Anonymous Questions : Responses
As to your last point... I'm curious. If I Knight leaves but still teaches the apprentice, does that apprentice still have the opportunity to become a Knight here at the Temple? Or, is that a situation where Knighthood would be only between the student and teacher? I'm kind of confused by that point.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297359 by Edan

Connor L. wrote: As to your last point... I'm curious. If I Knight leaves but still teaches the apprentice, does that apprentice still have the opportunity to become a Knight here at the Temple? Or, is that a situation where Knighthood would be only between the student and teacher? I'm kind of confused by that point.

If the knight hasn't stepped down, and the apprentice's work is still posted here and the knight confirms the work had been performed in the manner it's supposed to be recorded, I would imagine that the knighthood would be accepted. It happens rarely so it's difficult to say and I imagine a lot would depend on who it is and how the work was being done.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297360 by
I figured it would be pretty case by case. Thanks for sharing. :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #297492 by Edan
Perhaps you are not the person to ask, but you can direct me in the right direction. What does the Seminary Program entail?

The seminary programme is another line of study within the Temple, separate to that of the IP. From what I can see the current study programme is here and works very much like the IP in that you have a seminary journal in which you post your self study.

In order to begin the study prospective seminarians must contact the Pastor for an interview.

I believe there may be an Oath to take at the end of the study but I am not in the clergy myself so don't quote me on that.

EdanE.Sarahah.com

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297526 by

Edan wrote: I believe there may be an Oath to take at the end of the study but I am not in the clergy myself so don't quote me on that.

Sort of. :) There is an oath of confidence to be taken at the time of Ordination which formalizes the clerical seal. But Ordination requires not only completing the Seminary program but attaining the rank of Knight and completion of a clerical handbook. So for example, I finished Seminary but have not yet taken an oath, because I'm still an Apprentice.

Hope you don't mind my butting in, Edan. Thank you for bringing these questions forward.

EDIT: I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the Clergy or the Seminary, via forum thread, PM, Skype, raven, whatever. ;) Give me a shout if there is any information I can provide.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago #297956 by Edan
There hasnt been an open thread about what happened in Charlottesville VA over the weekend and what has sprung from that incident but I did see where one member suggested a strong public stance against Naziism. is that something the Temple should do?

My apologies for not seeing this the day you posted it. Obviously now there is a thread on it.

My personal feeling is that the Temple as an organisation should keep away from supporting any political agenda, partly because individual members don't agree on everything.. discussions about Trump a good indication of that. That doesn't mean individuals can't or shouldn't stand up for what they believe in.

The doctrine though gives us guidance on how to understand and deal with hate and intolerance:

14. Jedi are guardians of peace. We believe in helping all those that are in need, in whatever form, to the best of our ability. We recognise that sometimes providing help requires courage in the face of adversity but understand that conflict is resolved through peace, understanding and harmony.

Morality: To know the danger of belief.

A Jedi knows how contradicting beliefs of what is right and wrong can lead to devastating crimes and conflicts. A Jedi takes a step away from the subjectivity of opinion in favour of the peace of objectivity. A Jedi does not force their values upon others.

Courage: To have the will.

To be a Jedi sometimes means choosing the more difficult path, the personally expensive one. A Jedi knows they must make the right choice, take the right side and that the weak they have sworn to defend often stand alone. A Jedi puts aside fear, regret, and uncertainty yet knows the difference between courage and sheer stupidity.

EdanE.Sarahah.com

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi