A question about being the 'international church of Jediism'

More
6 years 8 months ago #289368 by Edan
Can we really be called that when we only have one actual recorded base, in America?

Otherwise, if being online makes us international (or having international members), then doesn't that pretty much make every Jedi order online 'international'?

Just pondering...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #289369 by
I guess it would make every other Jedi Church international if we consider it because it is online.

I would argue that this Church is international because we have members all around the globe, some Jedi Churches may not be able to say as much. But that's just me. ;p

Only thing I have to say about the "International church of Jediism" is I think church should be capatalized. (Church, rather than church) (also, in the moment, Church looks like a funny word, eh? :p)
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by . Reason: spelling, same old same old.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #289371 by
If Aliens are visiting this planet and living among us, as some believe, then the possibility exists that they have also joined this temple and that would make this the "Intergalactic Chuch of Jediism."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #289372 by
Hmm, my take on it is because it has members that are from other countries as well. I think if it was 'national' it would only mean here on the US. The best way I can think of an example would be with airports. Usually 'national' airports only take in flights within the continent (our certain country, perhaps?) while 'international" takes flights from countries all over the world.

That's how I see it, anyways, haha. I think it's nice, it lets people from all nationalities feel included (tbh, the 'headquarters' may be in the US but I feel like there may be more international folks here than us US born) :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #289373 by Avalon
And anyway, I don't think it's meant to say that TOTJO is THE "international church of jediism" so much as it is A "international church of jediism."

But ditto on Ari's remark to capitalizing the C in church. Please and thank you!!!

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #289375 by
TOTJO is not the only Jedi Church that has members from all over the world. Its a fair question. I think though Avalon has it spot on....just a matter of understanding the words and terminologies used.

That being said....with TOTJO trying to be all legal and all that.....it would be wise to look into the wordage here. It could be misleading legally.

More
6 years 8 months ago #289377 by Edan
I really was just wondering what the purpose is of putting it under the name. People come here because they come here, I'm not sure it lends anything really to the situation. One could interpret it as a brag....!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #289379 by
I also thought the wording was a bit odd... we're a Temple, not a church. It's literally the first word of our name.

Small distinction but a bit inconsistent.

More
6 years 8 months ago #289383 by Edan

tzb wrote: I also thought the wording was a bit odd... we're a Temple, not a church. It's literally the first word of our name.

Small distinction but a bit inconsistent.

Confusingly, the front page of the site says we are a church.

More
6 years 8 months ago #289384 by Br. John

Trisskar wrote: TOTJO is not the only Jedi Church that has members from all over the world. Its a fair question. I think though Avalon has it spot on....just a matter of understanding the words and terminologies used.

That being said....with TOTJO trying to be all legal and all that.....it would be wise to look into the wordage here. It could be misleading legally.

We are international. We are a church of Jediism. We are not trying to be 'all legal' - we are legal. JediChurch.org is also international and a church of Jediism. Church is not capitalized because it's not our name but a description. We are not trying to impersonate the for profit business in The UK named The Church of Jediism. (In case that's what is being insulated about 'be[ing] misleading legally'.

Attachment WhoUsedTheToiletKliban.gif not found

~ B. Kliban

Founder of The Order
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi