This would be awesome to discuss

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #286144 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Why Leaders Eat Last
This was a great post and perfectly summed up my issue with any leader/authority I have worked for. I dont care that rank has privileges or that it makes more than I do. You had just be first in line to take the heat when it comes. When I made E-5 I always told those that worked with me that my extra pay was to compensate me for getting yelled at before they do and so that they didn't have to hear it.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
6 years 9 months ago #286148 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Why Leaders Eat Last

You had just be first in line to take the heat when it comes. When I made E-5 I always told those that worked with me that my extra pay was to compensate me for getting yelled at before they do and so that they didn't have to hear it.

I have not seen the vid yet- but in response to your post - it's a common misconception in leaders that the proverbial "rolls downhill"

The people at the bottom provide the skill and labour, the people in the middle coordinate and facilitate, the people at the top cop the flak if there is any - That's what the money is for. It is "Risk pay" for your name being on the door. Don't take the credit when something goes well, but pass on any bad press straight to the workers.

If you're anywhere in the chain above the ground floor, with the fancy washrooms and the nicer paycheque, your job is to absorb the bulldust, not amplify it and target your own team.

(Not necessarily how it works in practice - If I'm losing money, you can be sure I'll sack everyone else before I sack myself :P )

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #286155 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Why Leaders Eat Last
Ah, Once I was on a device that could download the vid and saw what it was -

Kit brought it up last year some time...

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/116006-leaders-eat-last-leadership-in-jediism?limitstart=0

I watched it all again, because it's good stuff, and nice to reflect on again.

Anyway - We could merge the topics? (Or have a fresh discussion, Either way)
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by JamesSand.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi