What type of droid is this?

More
6 years 10 months ago #285414 by Br. John
I've been wondering since 1977. Does anyone know? It's on the Jawa's Transport in Episode IV A New Hope.

Attachment WhatDrioidEpIV.png not found

Founder of The Order
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #285416 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic What type of droid is this?
I'm not sure - and we only ever see about three seconds of it in that scant light - but I always wonder if I've seen such elsewhere before, whenever I see it in this Star Wars scene. Y'know, like, as though I've seen a vaguely familiar toy, in some store or on TV, closely resembling it, sometime in my tiny days back in the late '60s/early '70s. It's almost kinda haunting...

Apprentice to J. K. Barger

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285418 by
Replied by on topic What type of droid is this?
I always assumed it was a protocol droid. They come in many variants, like astromechs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285421 by
That bad boy there is CZ-3. 4 of them were part of the CZ-Series. CZ-1, 2, 3, and 4.

They specialized in communications/business. He was captured by Jawas after he had reported to Jabba from a sting operation that it recorded, but malfunctioned and ended up in Mos Eisley. He originally was looking for his brother CZ-4, who we see in Return of the Jedi when Luke is in Jabba's chamber. And you'll see him in Mos Eisley if you look carefully, I believe.

*takes deep breath*

tidbit, CZ-1 was a tutor droid, and the CZ-Series was inspired by early concept art of Darth Vader.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285424 by

Vex Ki-Salvo wrote: That bad boy there is CZ-3. 4 of them were part of the CZ-Series. CZ-1, 2, 3, and 4.

They specialized in communications/business. He was captured by Jawas after he had reported to Jabba from a sting operation that it recorded, but malfunctioned and ended up in Mos Eisley. He originally was looking for his brother CZ-4, who we see in Return of the Jedi when Luke is in Jabba's chamber. And you'll see him in Mos Eisley if you look carefully, I believe.

*takes deep breath*

tidbit, CZ-1 was a tutor droid, and the CZ-Series was inspired by early concept art of Darth Vader.

Impressive knowledge is impressive ...

More
6 years 10 months ago #285425 by Br. John

CZ-3 Secretary Droid

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285436 by
That scary looking thing is a secretary? If I saw that going into a business I'd pull the fastest 180 spin outta there. XD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285462 by
Irrelevant. It's not the droid you're looking for...

;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi