Is it that we have known always? Or, is it by revelation?

More
6 years 11 months ago #282390 by Eleven
Hello everyone I was just thinking and reflecting in mediation during break at work and I was noticing a lot of people coming to TOTJO lately. I love growth at the temple and meeting new faces it's terrific. I have also, noticed alot of new members or guests have been saying in their introductions including myself, "I have known.." or "I have been a follower of The Force" "Since I was little" or "Since I saw starwars." I was just wondering and thinking to myself:

1. Is the knowledge of the living FORCE inbedded into our very bodies at conception? Waiting to be revealed?
2. Is it just the revelation revealed in the movies?
3. Anyone can be a Jedi regardless of their religion being Christian, Jewish, Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist, Muslim, ect..
4. THE FORCE is universal it is for everyone not just a select few.

I know these are obvious questions but, no.1 is my favorite.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #282392 by Rex
1.) Are we even able to really understand capital-t Truth however we label it? If the Force is that ultimate Truth, and reality contains elements of truth in all of it, doesn't that mean it requires existence and experience to understand the Force?

2.) Not in my opinion. The Star Wars movies are just accessible to more people

3.) Yes, that's the point as far as I understand. That doesn't mean an Atheist Jedi isn't now in agreeance with a Sikh Jedi necessarily though.

4.) Is the force for anyone? What does that even mean? Does it mean we can choose to ignore the force, or is the force thrust onto us regardless of what we want?

Good thoughts. I'd be interested in seeing the council and senior knights hash out their opinions on questions like these

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

More
6 years 11 months ago #282394 by Eleven
I enjoyed your responses Rex very good! :) I too am interested in what the council thinks as well and the other knights. I hope for a good conversation :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi