"It's Time For The Jedi To End" The Last Jedi Trailer

More
7 years 1 week ago #280859 by Br. John
Did you spot the major Obi-Wan Kenobi easter egg hidden in the Star Wars Last Jedi trailer?

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-14/did-you-spot-the-major-obi-wan-kenobi-easter-egg-hidden-in-the-star-wars-last-jedi-trailer (The usual remove the 's' in the https if necessary.)

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280860 by
the jedi cant disapear from star wars pls no.... "I am a jedi like my father before me" -Luke Skywalker ep.VI The are messing to much, star wars to me ended in ep.VI, Force Awakens and so on are like Legends, not cannon xD to me Luke created the jedi academy and the new Republic ruled the galaxy, and the jedi were once the keepers of the peace in the galaxy.

More
7 years 1 week ago #280861 by JamesSand
Disney didn't pay a fortune to not have Jedi :P

But, one could argue that Luke is the last Jedi, and (canon, non canon?) after all his attempts at new Jedi (kylo, whatever) went wahoonie shaped - there's not much hope of Jedi resurfacing as an organisation,

so lets say Luke passes on Jediism Mk 17 or whatever to Rey, she gets together with Kylo (who calms his goddamn tits) they work out the flaws in all the various teachings, and they start a whole new world of not-crazy Force sensitive types.

No idea who snokes is, could be tyrion lannister for all I care, both he and Kylo failed to come off as New-Vaders. The biggest threat in the last episode was the irritating chief officer running the SK base, and if memory serves, he became all kinds of space-toast (maybe he got away? I don't actually remember)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280872 by
I say make no mistake, the jedi are at an end as was truly foretold in the prophesy. Is there are no Sith there can't be any Jedi. This is the true balance brought to the force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280875 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I say make no mistake, the jedi are at an end as was truly foretold in the prophesy. Is there are no Sith there can't be any Jedi. This is the true balance brought to the force.

Pff that is easy for you to say , you already found a new calling ,,the rest of us have to sweat it out :lol:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280876 by
Just as real Jedi Orders survive the fact that there existed a time in that fictional universe where Jedis didn't exist, I'm sure real Jedis Orders can survive a decline in the existence of Jedi in the fictional universe.

I mean, sure Buddhists give up their religion because Buddha predicted that Buddhism would die out?

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #280878 by MadHatter

baru wrote: What does the "last jedi" and "jedi must end" mean for jedi academies?

That we have a nail biting movie to watch. Outside of that not much. Anything they do with the Jedi of fiction can only add to the material we can use. It can't take anything from us.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I say make no mistake, the jedi are at an end as was truly foretold in the prophesy. Is there are no Sith there can't be any Jedi. This is the true balance brought to the force.

The Jedi existed prior to the Sith. The can exist without them. Balance is between light and dark not Jedi and Sith. There will always be people born that can use the Force. Some will use it for good and others for evil.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by MadHatter.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280885 by
the jedi exsted since the begining of civilization, jedi fought not only Sith but dark jedi (like snoke and kylo) and fought pirates, slavery, all kind of evil in the galaxy. What Disney is forgeting is that the jedi dont exist only to fight the sith, but to fight all evils in the universe. Without the jedi there will be only evil, we have the exemple of the Bendu in Rebels, midle ground like grey jedi or others cant take sides, if they take the side of the light they are jedi, if they go dark they are dark agents, so they cant do anything, it makes no sence.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #280892 by

MartaLina wrote: Pff that is easy for you to say , you already found a new calling ,,the rest of us have to sweat it out :lol:

Ahh tis true, The Modern Zeus calls, however I always keep my options open! :P

Madhatter wrote: The Jedi existed prior to the Sith. The can exist without them. Balance is between light and dark not Jedi and Sith. There will always be people born that can use the Force. Some will use it for good and others for evil.

Actually that's not true according to the lore. The Sith actually existed before the Jedi. The Sith were once a race and existed as part of the Je'daii. The Sith name came from them and they were the first to take a side of the force. The Jedi evolved out of their choice as a counter balance.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by .

More
7 years 1 week ago #280914 by MadHatter

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

MartaLina wrote: Pff that is easy for you to say , you already found a new calling ,,the rest of us have to sweat it out :lol:

Ahh tis true, The Modern Zeus calls, however I always keep my options open! :P

Madhatter wrote: The Jedi existed prior to the Sith. The can exist without them. Balance is between light and dark not Jedi and Sith. There will always be people born that can use the Force. Some will use it for good and others for evil.

Actually that's not true according to the lore. The Sith actually existed before the Jedi. The Sith were once a race and existed as part of the Je'daii. The Sith name came from them and they were the first to take a side of the force. The Jedi evolved out of their choice as a counter balance.

Well I meant the sith as we know them now. But if we wish to get technical no Sith were pre-industrial on Korriban in roughly 30,000 BBY while the Je'daii order was formed 36,500 BBY when the Tho Yor called out to Force sensitive. This likely means the Sith Purebloods were just forming the philosophies that made them what we would know to be Sith. meaning the Je'dii order predated the Sith as we might know them by a few thousand years The Je'daii studied both sides of the force and the Jedi order was created out of a split of dark and light sides of that study not out of a response to the Sith.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi