Boomers vs Millennials

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 days ago - 7 years 5 days ago #281380 by
Replied by on topic Boomers vs Millennials
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Each generation think's the previous one is up tight and the next one is crazy. It's like driving. Everyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster is insane.

For what it's worth anytime we start to generalize there will be those who cry foul because not everyone fits that mold and that is very true. However, generational differences are a real thing, just not as bad as some people think.

Also, almost every test I've ever taken lists me one or two generations previous to what I am. Music, movies, what you think of Tim Curry as first, etc. Lol
Last edit: 7 years 5 days ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 days ago #281381 by Leah Starspectre

Goken wrote: Also, almost every test I've ever taken lists me one or two generations previous to what I am. Music, movies, what you think of Tim Curry as first, etc. Lol

Same, lol. But that's because my parents listened to music from the 50s-70s as I was growing up and because Rocky Horror introduced me to Tim Curry. Well, actually, Fern Gully did, but I don't think that counts :P
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 days ago #281383 by
Replied by on topic Boomers vs Millennials

Omhu Cuspor wrote: I may be mistaken, but I think I am the only boomer to respond in this thread so far.

Don bee to shure bout dat my frien!

More
6 years 10 months ago #286301 by Alexandre Orion
Sorry for digging up an old thread ... or, actually, I'm not all that 'sorry', but still ...

When I was saying earlier about how making comparisons between generations that are alive at the same time is a little misleading, well ... I found this that corroborates that :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f16o9Q0XGE

What he says makes a lot of sense. I was thinking about this topic (not really this "TotJO thread" topic, but about stuff related to this) just yesterday. Although I've never ever "ghosted" anyone, I have turned around and gone back to my flat when I have forgotten my mobile (many times actually). I prefer YouTube to a collection of CDs and would not like to go back to the way we had to do things in the 1980s (except maybe for the music -- which is still way better than the crap that is popular now ! :lol: )

All that is just to say that Jason Dorsey is right about much of this. I didn't agree with the Baby Boomer generation nor with Gen X (which were terms just as bloody stupid as "Millennials"), and have actually witnessed the gererational "split" he's on about first-hand. He gets a bit hysterical in places, but this is well worth considering.

B)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi