Does the jedi order have a Official Jedi order symol?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #279355 by
Greetings to all from "Brother barbarian. a.k.a. Derick Merlin Wildstar. I wanted to ask abot weather or not the jedi order has or ever had a symbol that represents it and it's views? As a latter day saint. (Mormon) I have the CTR symbol CTR= "Choose the right". This is a reminder to an LDS that in life we have to make choices. Those choices should be the right ones, thus the phrase "Choose the Right'.I can buy a ring for my finger etc... I seek a transparent PNG format image of the Jedi order symbol assuming there is one, to work with to create a new personal symbol that will reflect my faith as an LDS and my being a Jedi Knight. The two do not conflict with each other and actually

Attachment ufp_finalholored_estelar_jedi_order_logo_by_gardek-d6qs7blank.jpg not found

Attachment ufp_finalholored_estelar_jedi_order_logo_by_gardek-d6qs7blank.jpg not found

work together and I will be following both by Incorporating them into each other to help me become a better person and a better LDS NOTE! I will soon be filling out the application, then i will be pursuing the training of a Jedi knight .Attached is a copy of the symbol to express these views as i currently have it. I normally use a Transparent PNG image of one of the fictional Clone troopers as they while fictional are a perfect metaphor for what kind of man I'am any advice would be great.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #279356 by
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#TotJOSymbol

The symbol and it's symbolism can be found at this link. :) A bigger version can be found after clicking on the HOME tab at the top left of your screen.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #279360 by
No. There is no "Over all encompassing" symbol of Jediism/Jedi Order. Every Jedi group has their own unique version but we are not united under any one thing.

Its good to see another Mormon around ^_^ I am not one myself but I was born and raised in Utah and most of my family/ancestors are LDS.

My suggestion would simply be to choose what you feel represents a Jedi and work around that :) Some attribute a lightsaber. Some use the fictional Jedi Order logo like in your pictures. Others use a globe or shield.....What calls to you?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #279362 by
Ah, I had assumed this Order. Sometimes it slips my mind that there are others. :p

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #279363 by JamesSand
Worth noting that someone somewhere owns the rights to any of the symbols used in any commercial Star Wars / Jedi related media.

Whilst I'm sure a ring or a tattoo or a desktop background of whatever you like is well and fair, any of the Jedi religion symbols are, by both choice and necessity, differentiated from the commercial brand ones.

(note the TotJO symbol follows the design cues - circles, stars and contrast of many Jedi symbols, but any actual features such as Lightsabres, wing flamey things, or any variation thereof are not included)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #279396 by
Theft of intellectual property is the epitome of flattery! :P

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #279408 by Cyan Sarden

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Theft of intellectual property is the epitome of flattery! :P

And the dream of every lawyer! (that + divorces :-)

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi