Recommended Readings from the Library

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #278369 by
Just as the title reads, I would love to know what some of your recommended readings are from the Temple's Library! Or any that you just enjoyed :)

I'm quite enjoying the books under the Jedi tab and TOTJO materials but don't know where else to go for some juicy info/reading.

May the Force be with you all!!
~MarVinKra
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #278371 by Carlos.Martinez3
As a man thinketh

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278372 by
Bushido: The Warriors Code
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

If you're a pop culture fan, look up the Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture series. They explain the philosophy hidden in modern movies and TV shows. The Harry Potter and Simpsons editions were especially enlightening.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #278379 by

Senan wrote: If you're a pop culture fan, look up the Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture series. They explain the philosophy hidden in modern movies and TV shows. The Harry Potter and Simpsons editions were especially enlightening.

And they've got a Star Wars one!

Though I think mine's outdated, they have an Ultimate Star Wars and Philosophy which I think has entirely new articles...? I'll have to check. Still haven't finished the um... non-ultimate one...

Unrelated by series but related by concept, I've also got The Dharma of Star Wars, and... I understand there's The Tao of Star Wars but I haven't been able to find it.

I mean, not in the Library, but still good to get the mind thinking.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Capialization for Library respect.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278424 by
I'm going to tackle the Ultimate Star Wars and Philosophy next, though I'm already familiar with a lot of the philosophical inspiration.

I haven't read The Tao of Star Wars, but I have the Tao of Yoda by D.W. Kreger. It is the Tao Te Ching translated from Chinese without reordering the words for proper English syntax. It ends up sounding the way Yoda talks. It's pretty interesting.

I've also seen the Tao of Pooh. It's the TTC according to Winnie The Pooh and Friends.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278440 by

Senan wrote: I haven't read The Tao of Star Wars, but I have the Tao of Yoda by D.W. Kreger. It is the Tao Te Ching translated from Chinese without reordering the words for proper English syntax. It ends up sounding the way Yoda talks. It's pretty interesting.

That. Sounds. Amazing.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278443 by
It sounds so weird but strangely attractive to have it read in that form! Thanks for all the recommendations :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi