Message from Muslim woman giving thanks

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #278249 by
This was from a forum I would post in, where I would try to help Muslims out that felt like they were being treated unfairly by others because of current events, and tried to help people understand there are good Muslims out there. I know this because I am friends with them outside of the internet. She was giving her thanks from what I posted, I won't post her name out of respect but I think her message is something we should all listen to. These are her exact words, and I felt very happy to hear this from her and truly thank her for her response.

"Hi

I just wanted to stay Thank you for writing the thread on searching for reasons to hate a muslims.

I chose not to post in anymore muslim threads..because like you mentioned when I explain that majority of muslims are peaceful. Someone will end up discussing with me claiming I'm not correct.
Its very tiring so I decided its not worth it for me because to them I'm always guilty untill proven innocent.

But it gives me hope when I see non muslims like you posting..that not every non muslim sees me as a thread. I was born and raised in The Netherlands and never went back to my country but because I'm a observant muslim I'm always reminded by people around me that I'm not dutch enough and not integrated enough. Years ago I was fired from my first summer job because a few customers felt uncomfortable because I wear hijab (muslim headscarf)
After the murder of film maker Theo van Gogh by a extremist who happened to be muslim things got worse for observant/conservative muslims. I had people yell absuive things at me like "taliban" "terrorist" "go back to your country" . I had a guy spit at me and another one look at me really intimidating.people laughing at me or ignoring my existence is something I had to get used to.
My friend got attacked a few years back by two guys while she was with her child. They pulled at her face veil and scarf and threw her on the floor.
I decided to leave the Netherlands and move to the UK because I felt unsafe and rejected by society.

The media doesn't realize that by not making a clear difference between a extremist/terrorist muslims and the majority peaceful muslims they are encouraging a divide in society it creates a us(non muslims vs them(muslims).

There are so many of us in the west who are giving back to society in a positive manner..there are muslim doctors and nurses,teachers,police men, volunteers at non profite organisations etc. But it's sad that the media doesn't focus on that and its even more sad that some people in society dont take the time to really get to know us.

Anyways I'll stop ranting : ) but your thread and posts are appreciated

Take care"

I felt it was nice to share something from a Muslim explaining her experiences. Hope you liked it
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi