I'm building a physical temple.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #279054 by
Replied by on topic I'm building a physical temple.
Aw man, I'm a month late to this conversation I think.

Prophet wrote: Ok guys, after reading all your insane requests I think I'm going to keep it simple.

The rooms I've chosen:
Libray/Reading room/Class room
Meditation Room/Chill room
Main Room
Living Quarters
Toilet/Shower Room
Kitchen

Not sure about the garden, thinking of having a green house type thing the centre, but I have to talk to my architect friend.

This project is probably going ake 3 years. Earthbag or cob buildings do not take as long as regular buildings.

Any comments?

It sounds good, but I definitely do recommend a garden or greenhouse for the sake of food keeping busy, etc.

Also, what Jedi would be without a dojo or gym of some sort? Physical training is a must. If not a room, some kind of courtyard. Or both (one for nice days, one for not-so-nice days, or dependent upon personal needs).

I think some kind of zen garden might be nice too. Aside from the garden for food, a garden just to relax is a good thing to have.

(And of course the library is a great addition.)

Adder wrote: Sound lab, medical room, chemistry lab, engineering shop, gymnastic hall, strength room, swimming pool, computer lab, library, meditation rooms.... gee its starting to sound like some sort of Uni campus :D

Some of these seem a bit excessive or can be combined (gymnastic hall and "strength room," whatever that is), but I do think a sort of "medical bay" would be good. First aid kits, medicines, etc. (though maybe they can fit in a closet, I don't know).

A computer lab could be useful, though honestly nowadays it could get by with just having wifi. Meditation room is definitely important, and I think an "engineering shop" would be nice. Or some kind of garage where one could work on tech, or vehicles (or lightsabers maybe?)

Br. John wrote: The question has come up and many don't know so this is the legal status.

This is an individual person's ownership and project. Discussing it on the forum is fine. Asking and offering advice is fine.

It has nothing to do with The Order. I'm not saying one day that may not change, but at this time we have no legal ownership or control over this project and cannot be held legally liable for anything having to do with it.

Best of luck with this venture.

Fingers crossed that one day we can have something official. It would be a tough trip, but a worthwhile retreat.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi