Innate Bisexuality

More
7 years 2 months ago #273465 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Innate Bisexuality

Wescli Wardest wrote: I have a question and I’m sure it will not be popular. :P

Why do we need a new theory of sexuality?

Well, I am not sure need is the right word but it's not something we should stop researching. I mean as psychology and the understanding of the human mind develop so too will our understanding of sexuality and how it develops is bound to grow. The better we understand such an important and intimate part of people's lives the better we can help people when issues come up related to that area. Which in my opinion is why it is useful to develop new theories.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, rugadd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273480 by
Replied by on topic Innate Bisexuality
I don’t think the entire human race can be called just bi-sexual, at least not in the most generic sense. I think we are all ordered through, genetics, environment and experience toward one sexual orientation or the other. This will be a unique combination for every individual and will not always produce bi-sexuality alone. I think this is also a fluid experience that can even possibly cause our orientations to change over time, maybe even several times over our lives.

I think this is tied in not only with sexuality but gender as well. An individual may spend their entire lives as a heterosexual but also experience shifts in gender. Bi-genderism is another one of those nuanced aspects of our psyche that is just now beginning to be explored. In the end our sexuality is way more complicated than we can probably imagine and to try and reduce it to a single universal term like “bi-sexual” is just not viable.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273485 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Innate Bisexuality
These are just my thoughts and not representative of Council.

On people being bisexual, I would argue that people like pleasure.:P

This being the case, if ones morals dictated what is acceptable then certain behaviors would be explored and others rejected. If one had a proclivity to be more lax as to what is acceptable than other routes would be more predominate. This second action would allow a wider range of experiences which in turn would cause a normality or acceptance of alternate sexual preferences. This of course would only pertain to those that were taught heterosexual practices or belief systems at an early age.

Those that were openly exposed to alternate sexual endeavors from an early age would not be equipped with the past experience to fully understand the heterosexual dilemma.

Those with the mental proclivity to alternate (non-heterosexual) sexual preferences would also be ill equipped to fully grasp the heterosexual dilemma as it interacts with their life choices.

As to gender, there is medical importance as to which chromosomes an individual caries as certain maladies, diseases and issues affect differently. The same is true with race. As to what someone wants to be identified as is fine for the social construct for medical reasons it is relevant for doctors to know what genes they are dealing with. So, unless there is medical reason to know someone’s gender, there is no reason to need it for the average person.

For identification purposes, it is important to respect all people’s right to opinion and speech. Where offence should be avoided it is not always possible at first. And where oral and written language is top form of communication certain speech patterns are learned and not easily unlearned. This is not an excuse, just an explanation of why it is. It is an issue which spans far beyond preference, choice or even how we identify each other. And I am afraid that the solution my start with us, but would not be fully implemented, even if we came to a resolve today, until the next generation. As they are the ones that would create the new language, expression and acceptance in everyday life.

The reason I say this is because of our past attempts at integration. IN the sixties, in America, the Jim Crow laws were repealed. Mine was the first generation that integrated the new way of life and it was a bumpy road for our forefathers even though we handled it with a bit more ease. Why did we? Because we didn’t know another way of being. And it is even more integrated today. But the integration is not without its flashbacks or whiplash to times when things were the way they were. My personal feelings are that unless we can let go of our past, still learn from it, we will never be able to fully integrate with complete acceptance. The same will be true for all changes to our way of life, belief structures and personal identification with ourselves and our place in the world.

Talking about it is a good start. It leads to understanding. But we cannot force change. Nor should we expect it overnight. Ours is the generation that has the chance to be the bravest. Capable of setting the foundation for a new future. But we have to be willing to be patient with each other. We have to be willing to listen. And we have to not try and force others to our way of seeing things. As force is always met with resistance.
:)

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Wescli Wardest.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi