Meditation Tips

More
7 years 1 month ago #279218 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Meditation Tips
Something else that comes to mind regarding meditation is that, at least for me, the more I keep it simplified, the more I am able to settle into it (meaning: settle into myself which is the most important interpretation here). Some people like to use objects of focus and visualizations, and audible cues and specific environments, and perfect postures, etc etc. Just remember that these are all aids for whatever you are trying out with meditation but I don't feel they are necessarily required for any of them. You may find some of these aids more distracting than helpful (like is the case with me much of the time).

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #279235 by
Replied by on topic Meditation Tips
In stead of "stopping" your mind from wandering or thinking, just focus the mind on something.

I focus on my breath - breath in deep, hold, out. I focus on all the moving parts and expanding my lung capacity.
I focus on the air passing through my nose. I will wet my nose so I can feel the wind passing by it.

One of the best ways to empty the mind is to hyper focus it, and then let go of the focus - once you can really maintain your focus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi