A selfless unification marriage ceremony within Jediism

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272152 by
This is a simple question, what is your opinion based the selfless unification of individuals or "marriage" by modern definition within the ideology of Jediism? Lucasfilm itself answered a child's letter providing an explanation that a selfless unification between individuals is now accepted among Jedi as a path towards true understanding of the values of friendship, loyalty, and and compassion. What are your opinions regarding marriage?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #272158 by
George Lucas's Letter to an 8 year old while adorable.....is not really any validation that Jedi can or cannot marry for any reason especially within the ideals of "Jediism"

.........Because Jediism, for the most part, couldn't give two shakes of a leg when it comes to the Fictional Validity of Star Wars.

Much like just about anything. Marriage is a unique and personal decision that only you can make and has no one standard to the idea. Some do....some don't.

My first Marriage was a Jedi Marriage at a Jedi Gathering.

There are a few others that has happened at Jedi Gatherings

And several more thats been more personal and selective.

Several members here at TOTJO are registered to marry couples

Its all about what you think. Not what I or George Lucas or Star Wars or anyone else thinks. If you find someone dear to you and the Force moves you to unite on paper then.....Bless You.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

More
7 years 3 months ago #272194 by Alethea Thompson
Who cares about Lucas? #HateLucas'StarWars (so far Disney is doing well, lol)

Marriage and a family, in my opinion, can help some people really understand what it means to be a Jedi. That is, I've seen relationships develop and really open people up to qualities like forgiveness and learning to not hate. It's not uncommon for people to point out how much being with their spouse has made them better people.

It also can help someone learn the value of helping others because you want your children to grow up in a better world. And that's a demonstration of selflessness.

Some are naturally pulled to that lifestyle, while others are brought into it by others.

It's a choice you make. Sometimes you find pursuits that make your life fulfilled without a need for marriage. General Mattis has never been married, but I'll argue that his family was the entire Marine Corps, and now that extends to the whole of the US as he takes up the role of Secretary of Defense.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #272195 by

Alethea Thompson wrote: Who cares about Lucas? #HateLucas'StarWars (so far Disney is doing well, lol)

Heeeeeeey Now. Just because George Lucas dosn't overtly influance Jediism philosophy dosn't mean he was THAT bad. Be nice Ally! :-p
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

More
7 years 3 months ago #272258 by Alethea Thompson
lol :D

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272315 by
Haha while I do understand that Lucasfilm has little to no relevance in the ideals of Jediism, they do have a basic understanding of it's principles. I mentioned their response to the child's letter because I believe it uniquely articulates why marriage has such beneficial aspect to our lives, and I was curious to see the responses of others here at the temple in regards to marriage in general.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi