Bully Bingo: 52 Signs Someone Will Say Anything to Win an Argument

More
6 years 10 months ago #284857 by JamesSand
I thought you'd never ask :)

(Yes)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #361296 by Vincent Causse
I came across this topic actually looking for it. I was recently having an amazing discussion with Carlos the Third about Acceptance. It is something that anyone but specially a Jedi must practice, acceptance is not to agree with others opinions, views, belief, way of life, sexuality etc etc but it is to simply accept that we, each one of us have our own ways, we do not always have to change, this concerns us deep inside, but we must learn to accept others. I often like to talk about my personal life experiences as i m not greatly educated, i m married to an Indonesian Muslim woman and one of her brother who is Muslim too (the whole family is except me) is a pro nazi, yes you heard me . He s of dark complexion, brown hair and brown eyes, Muslim and nazi too. I did and i still find it very shocking, to tell you the truth i hate it, i cant stand it. He even has a poster of hilter an mussolini in his mother s house for every one to see. What would you do ? what would you say ? would you get all upset ? I know that talking to him would only leads to dead ends. I ve wrecked my head for a while, that is true. He would not listen to reason, he would not use his logic nothing would. So the only thing is in my situation anyway is , acceptance , realize that he doesnt even understand what it really means, he s blinded by hatred of people he does not even know, we can not change the world pushing back using our belief! this only lead to friction and friction leads to heat and hateful reactions. A Jedi should not "jump to the guns" because someone has a different opinion or live in ways that one does not agree with, a Jedi must learn to listen, learn why the person we talk to for exemple speak the way they do, when we understand why, we can then think of a way to answer to this person, maybe help if it s possible and if the door is open! If our interlocutor has the need to "win the argument" or to be right at all cost, the wisest thing to do is to let it go and again accept that this person has problems of her own. Let s mention too that acceptance is not tolerance, to tolerate is a temporal thing. You tolerate someone until you run out of self-control. (quoting Carlos the Third): So what will you do when meeting someone who doesnt think like you, someone who will not agree? How will you react ?
It is a question for all of us, because how we will react will reflect who we are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity Amyntas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi