Take it easy on Christmas shopping

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267042 by

Adder wrote: Though my favorite smell is jet fuel......

... what I get for being bought up around air force bases!!

United States Marine Corps jet fuel smells better..
Just sayin lol :silly:

On the more serious side, being pagan, i have made my own "yule" presents for years. Last year I made hand carved paytons and this year i have brewed my own beer as presents. For me, to put your time and energy into a gift is so much more valuable than spending 10 mins at walmart furiously cramming crap into a cart that will probably never be used anyway.

I boycott black friday and the commercislism of this season by spending those days collecting toys for tots and volunteering at the food banks collecting expired stuff from grocery stores. If there were ever a cause Jedi could get behind I think it could be this lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267045 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Adder wrote: Though my favorite smell is jet fuel......

... what I get for being bought up around air force bases!!

United States Marine Corps jet fuel smells better..
Just sayin lol :silly:

On the more serious side, being pagan, i have made my own "yule" presents for years. Last year I made hand carved paytons and this year i have brewed my own beer as presents. For me, to put your time and energy into a gift is so much more valuable than spending 10 mins at walmart furiously cramming crap into a cart that will probably never be used anyway.

I boycott black friday and the commercislism of this season by spending those days collecting toys for tots and volunteering at the food banks collecting expired stuff from grocery stores. If there were ever a cause Jedi could get behind I think it could be this lol.

What kind of beer?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267046 by
Its a nice pumpkin spiced ale!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267047 by
What kind of set up do you have?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267049 by
Just the basics right now. A propane burner pot and a 2 stage fermentation with bottling. I would love to get a co2 setup sometime in the near future though!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267050 by
Gotcha. I've been looking into brewing. Where did you purchase your setup? Online?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267056 by
Yes initially i made my first purchase on line with a couple of buddies. It was around 100 bucks for the whole setup minus bottles - Which you can actually acquire by drinking non twist top bottles like Sam Adams for example and then saving those bottles. Then what i did was build a relationship with my local home brew store and i joined my local home brew club. You can get tons of info that way just by talking to others that love the hobby as much as you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267059 by
Unfortunately the near homebrew store is 18 miles away

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267063 by
Lol 18 miles is nothing if you truly love the hobby! Mine is something like 12 miles. In any case the internet is invaluable for info as well. The main thing to remember is SANITATION IS PARAMOUNT! lol and if you have other questions you can always PM me!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267065 by
Yeah, the reading I have done emphasized heavily on spoiled beer.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi