About Police Shootings (in America, Duh)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249301 by
I really like the idea of a more active neighborhood watch type of thing.

I know that in my apartment complex we have had two series of break ins in the four years I've lived there. Both sets were only two or three break ins and the two sets were over a year apart (so five or six break ins total divided into two groupings). They both stopped as soon as signs went up warning the residents to be on the look out. Criminals don't want to have to work hard, and when there are an average of twelve people living in each building all now alert to the possibility of crime that gets harder for them.

Greater community involvement is, in my opinion, truly the best way to help curb crime.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #249303 by Adder
Surveillance technology has come a long way up, and prices down so that is one way to tackle it. The benefits are increased chances of catching any offender through supply of evidence to try to prevent crime, and early detection of crime... not going to stop gun crime though. Might just need to harden up our facilities and vehicles to make them less vulnerable to small arms fire or forced entry. Release the drones with pepper spray, call Police, and go into lockdown!!!!!!!! (not in that order)
:lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 8 months ago #251855 by OB1Shinobi
heres a fun video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uuo_CiiPk8

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251860 by
Was the cop trying to pull him over and the biker was just ignoring/unaware? That's crazy.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251862 by OB1Shinobi

Lightstrider wrote: Was the cop trying to pull him over and the biker was just ignoring/unaware? That's crazy.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/01/20/federal-jury-awards-180000-to-motorcyclist-kicked-by-cop-at-gunpoint/

"Federal Jury Awards $180,000 to Motorcyclist Kicked by Cop at Gunpoint

It took four hours for a federal jury to determine that an Oregon state trooper violated a man’s civil rights by kicking him in the chest after chasing him down in an unmarked patrol car and ramming into the man’s motorcycle, knocking him down and leaving him with a fractured rib and broken clavicle."

the rest in spoiler and its worth reading

Warning: Spoiler!

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251865 by OB1Shinobi
you guys (and girls) can all be "pro cop" if you want

i am "pro-good-cop" and "anti-bad-cop" and thats what we should all be, imo

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/06/26/suicide-poised-take-entire-police-department/

California Police Underage Sex Scandal Involves 28 Officers, 5 Departments

"How she met Officer Brendan O’Brien in the first place is disturbing in and of it itself. Guap says she was working the streets as a prostitute. She says she was underage at the time, which would legally make her a victim of child sex trafficking. A pimp was chasing her down a street one day in Oakland when she saw O’Brien. “He saved me when I was 17,” Guap told CNN in a phone conversation.

“Instead of taking me to jail, we just kind of started something there, you know.”

of course you can say "well she was a hooker, so what?"

does it matter, YOU TELL ME: why or why not?

People are complicated.

More
7 years 8 months ago #251879 by OB1Shinobi

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Lightstrider wrote: Was the cop trying to pull him over and the biker was just ignoring/unaware? That's crazy.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/01/20/federal-jury-awards-180000-to-motorcyclist-kicked-by-cop-at-gunpoint/

"Federal Jury Awards $180,000 to Motorcyclist Kicked by Cop at Gunpoint

It took four hours for a federal jury to determine that an Oregon state trooper violated a man’s civil rights by kicking him in the chest after chasing him down in an unmarked patrol car and ramming into the man’s motorcycle, knocking him down and leaving him with a fractured rib and broken clavicle."

the rest in spoiler and its worth reading

from another article
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff-oregon-motorcyclist-video-20160125-story.html

"In the video, Edwards follows Wilkens for some time before Wilkens stops. In his lawsuit, Wilkens said he couldn’t hear the siren, and his small rearview mirror did not show the lights on the unmarked car, which are located on the car’s grille, not on its roof.

People are complicated.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251880 by OB1Shinobi
from http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff-oregon-motorcyclist-video-20160125-story.html

"In the video, Edwards follows Wilkens for some time before Wilkens stops. In his lawsuit, Wilkens said he couldn’t hear the siren, and his small rearview mirror did not show the lights on the unmarked car, which are located on the car’s grille, not on its roof."

so yeah, the guy was speeding

does that make this kind of violence ok?

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
7 years 8 months ago #251886 by TheDude

Silas Mercury wrote: Can we stop referring to black people as 'blacks'. it seems kind of derogatory and my girlfriend hates being referred to as 'a black' she prefers black person. Like Jewish people are jewish people not 'jews' :)

Being raised Jewish, my community and the rabbis and even the folks I met when I spent some time in Israel all said "Jews" or even "The Jews", and rarely if ever did I hear the term "Jewish People" being given preference. This is a nonissue for the Jews.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251888 by
Yeah that's crazy. That officer totally let his anger take over his actions.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi