A Restructure of the FAQ's

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232182 by
Replied by on topic A Restructure of the FAQ's

Rosalyn J wrote: "what are the frequently asked questions and how do we differentiate them from what we provide on the general information document?

Which documents are you referring to?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #232192 by Rosalyn J
tzb mentioned having two documents. Or two sources of information. One which just had frequently asked questions, and gave short, snappy answers, and one which had general information, which could be more detailed in its explanation. Unless I am reading it wrong

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232193 by

Rosalyn J wrote: tzb mentioned having two documents. Or two sources of information. One which just had frequently asked questions, and gave short, snappy answers, and one which had general information, which could be more detailed in its explanation. Unless I am reading it wrong

I could be wrong.....

But I read it as a suggestion? I think he was saying that the FAQ as it stands now dosn't really follow a traditional FAQ format. I think he was suggesting to make a second one that is more traditional. In that the answers should be short and to the point.

So...There is only one FAQ, he suggests making a second.

At least...that is how I read it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #232195 by

Rosalyn J wrote: tzb mentioned having two documents. Or two sources of information. One which just had frequently asked questions, and gave short, snappy answers, and one which had general information, which could be more detailed in its explanation. Unless I am reading it wrong

Some FAQs have a more detailed version, some don't yet. How tzb describes is how the FAQ will develop.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #232198 by Rosalyn J

Akkarin wrote:

Some FAQs have a more detailed version, some don't yet. How tzb describes is how the FAQ will develop.

So it has already been decided what mode you will use?

Also, in reference to Edan's suggestion, Edan's , is
[IMG
that bold enough

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232207 by
As the one who does most of the editing for the FAQ yes that is the route I'll probably go down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232229 by
As a reminder:

Please don't forget to revise the FAQs for other languages.
For example: the German directions for getting the rank as Novice is wrong. There is the old version, where you must send a message to Jestor, not to tzb as it is in the English version.

More
8 years 2 months ago #232233 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Re:A Restructure of the FAQ's
The ones in other languages will be done, but obviously translations take time and the translators are volunteers, so it will probably be longer to wait for them to be completed.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #232384 by
I don't know if this was already brought up, but adding the "How to use this site" page to the FAQs would be nice. Even I forget where it is when I'm trying to help a new member set their avatar.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #232386 by Rosalyn J

Goken wrote: I don't know if this was already brought up, but adding the "How to use this site" page to the FAQs would be nice. Even I forget where it is when I'm trying to help a new member set their avatar.

Basic idea of what the forums entail and how to use them?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135