Looking at the Present Moment as a loved one

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #227962 by
This was an interesting article to read. Enjoy if you've not read it before. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #227964 by
Interesting read. Thank you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #227989 by
LOL Nice!

Actually for me the present moment has always been a thing of great comfort. Especially when I'm worried about something in the future. Whether I'm thinking about a bill that needs to be paid or a public engagement or deadline I need to meet I can always come back to the present moment and take solace in the fact that at least those things I'm worried about are not happening "right now" so there is no need to worry about them until later, and I can relax...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #228154 by
That's an interesting article. However, I don't believe in Time. Allow me to explain.

The Present Moment, right NOW, is fleeting. Past, Present, and Future can be separated by such small fractions of seconds that they essentially blend together into unrecognizable points. What is the difference between right NOW as you read this, and right NOW as you read that. Time is so illusive that the more you try to grasp onto the Present, the faster it slips away.

I used to believe that Now was all there was. But in our minds we remember the past, and we imagine the future. What makes them less real? Less important? It is my personal belief that we should exist in all three phases of Time, not grasping onto any of them, but allowing them all to remain with us. I find it much more liberating than trying to hold onto something that is constantly and infinitely changing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #228212 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: LOL Nice!

Actually for me the present moment has always been a thing of great comfort. Especially when I'm worried about something in the future. Whether I'm thinking about a bill that needs to be paid or a public engagement or deadline I need to meet I can always come back to the present moment and take solace in the fact that at least those things I'm worried about are not happening "right now" so there is no need to worry about them until later, and I can relax...

Its funny , i was discussing this with my daughter and i made her aware of the Now and she could not stop crying because she goes back and forth and cant stop worrying. But we are here and now, she will not make school , ok , we ll look for a job , i understand , but NOw its warm and cozy and we are taken care of ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #228215 by
Exactly! "Now" is like a cozy little hiding place where the future nor the past can get you! We do not need to fear the unknown future nor any embarrassment of the past because were in our special hiding place of the "Now". The past or the future cant see us and in this place we can have any comforting thing we want!

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 1 month ago #228216 by Jestor

Streen wrote: That's an interesting article. However, I don't believe in Time. Allow me to explain.

Warning: Spoiler!

Ah, a kindred soul...

I too do not believe in time, except as a "measuring device"....

I understand what an "hour" is, so, I relate it to others, but seldom does my "time fly/drag"... Whenever I made my last wall post, somehow, I slipped, lol... It has been a looong time (ha) since that's happened....

You talk about "past, now, future", I also agree here, I just say it differently.... :)

When we talk about "now" generally in this environment, we usually mean "this instant/second/moment", but, longer "nows" of "this period in history, the current timeframe versus a previous timeframe", and so on, also exsist, I like to think...

Thinking of my "now" as a piece of thread, next to other pieces of thread (other people's "nows"), and with a beginning and end, i can't see, is my "now"....

The string exists, I can observe it, and that's all I can know...

Anyway, I hope that made sense, lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #228307 by
I'm happy to see we agree on something, Jestor ;)

Time is a measuring device, for sure. I like to think of it as a measurement of space. For instance, how long does it take for an object to get from point A to point B. Then again, Einstein said Time and Space are one in the same. If so, then our point is proven further.

Everything is one thing: the Force. If everything is the Force, if one could see things that way, it would all be a blur of sameness. So how could one measure space if everything is the same thing? Point A, point B, and the space between no longer exist as separate places. Therefore, Time cannot be measured.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi