Folk festival, dancing, food and hurtful strangers

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 3 months ago #222287 by Jestor
In the world of people, I allow everyone possible to go ahead of me....

Its how I control the situation...

At intersections, I waved others on, even if I have the right of way...

If I'm in queue for something, and some one is slightly ahead of me, I ask...

I can't say I.always do, but I do try... lol....

I wasn't with you, so I can't say anything about your situation... :)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #222309 by
Kyle K, I'm so sorry this happened to you and that it spoiled your day and possibly traumatized your son, at a festival where people should be relaxing and having fun, no less. I admire you for keeping your cool and trying to follow the code. I know it can be very trying, especially when there are kids involved.

Interesting that you brought up that the abusive couple were not drinking, because when I was first reading about the encounter, I automatically assumed that they were probably trashed.

Unfortunately we run into these people all the time, probably mostly without knowing it. They might be driving a deadly weapon in the car next to you, or in front of you in a food line, like yourself. So many people are wound so tight today, that the very smallest of things will set them off. It is sad state of affairs, but fortunately we are involved with something here that shows a better way. It is situations like this, that should reaffirm exactly why we are here (I know it does so for me). I have friends that are wound tight like this, and often have to talk them down. I just don't get it sometimes (though in a past that I don't like to recall, I was known to be a hothead myself unfortunately).

Perhaps if we can shine brightly, with inner beauty and compassion, even in the face of such hostility, others may take notice and realize there has to be a better way. I hope that as society continues to drive itself to the breaking point, that others find their way, as I am finding mine now.

Again I am sorry for what happened, and thank you so much for sharing - as it helps us contemplate how we should prepare ourselves to deal with the same situation, if and when it occurs to us.

-Cenrus
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #222319 by

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi