Get to know ya thread :D

More
8 years 3 months ago #217462 by Kit
Get to know ya thread :D was created by Kit
Disclaimer: Do not post any PII (Personally Identifiable Information) These questions are made to avoid any PII but ya never know what could be read into them haha.

ONTO THE QUESTIONS~

What's your favorite:
Food?
Color?
Animal?
Season?
Book/series or TV series or movie?
Candy/sweet?
Meditation?

What's your least favorite
Chore?
Time of day?
Sound?

What are your hobbies?

What's the one place in the world you want to visit most?

What's your dream occupation?
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Ben, Cyan Sarden, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #217464 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Get to know ya thread :D
What's your favorite:
Food? Tacos!
Color? Don't have a favorite. It's situational mostly. Proper color for the proper job! But if I had to pick it'd be blue or red in rich vibrant shades.
Animal? Fox! (although I love many animals)
Season? Spring. Especially in Texas. LOVE those thunderstorms
Book/series or TV series or movie? Favorite book series is The Obsidian Trilogy
Candy/sweet? Hmm... home made candy corn!
Meditation? Shamanic Journeys

Chore? Laundry! or dishes...it's a toss up
Time of day? The time right before a meal
Sound? Base while I'm trying to fall asleep

What are your hobbies?
Anything crafty, video games, books

Hmm...use to be Japan. But now I think I want to visit one of the great reefs instead.

To be a stay-at-home mom and sell my crafts on Etsy :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217465 by
Replied by on topic Get to know ya thread :D
Hello everyone. Here's a little about myself. My favorite food is lasagna. My favorite color is bright blue like the color of the fictional Jedi light sabers. My favorite TV show is Ridiculousness, but my favorite movie series is the Twilight Saga. On my free time, I like to play video games, read books, volunteer in dog shelters and nearby organizations that support millions of people worldwide, and take naps when I have breaks. I have very few friends, but its a working progress. I have a part time job at CVS as a store clerk. Lastly, my favorite desert is Caramel Turtle Truffle Pie. hope you enjoyed this brief in depth Intro and feel free to collaborate further.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217471 by

What's your favorite:
Food?

Pizza!

Color?

Green

Animal?

Tough one...I've been really enjoying bears recently. They're so adorable and yet terrifyingly fierce.

Season?

Summer. I hate bundling up and being cold.

Another toughy, but if I had to pick I'd say Lord of The Rings for both book series and movie series. TV show would be M*A*S*H*

Candy/sweet?

Peanut butter M&Ms

Meditation?

I don't really have one. I just try to sit and be quiet for a while.

Chore?

Pretty much any type of cleaning. Dishes, the bathroom, my bedroom, etc. I'm oddly okay with vacuuming though.

Time of day?

Mid-afternoon or early evening. Prevening as Sheldon Cooper calls it. I'm not a huge fan of it being dark except when I'm star watching.

Sound?

A nice campfire.

What are your hobbies?

Martial arts, cooking, comic books, movies, TV, reading, leather working, astronomy.

... :S ... :ohmy: ... I don't know if I can pick. Can the moon count? The view would be amazing.

Rock star or Batman. B) :laugh: Seriously I don't really know. It's something that my post college self is currently struggling with.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217484 by
Favorites:
Food: Seafood
Colour: Purple
Animal: Owl
Season: Winter
Book/series or TV series or movie?:
--Movies: Dune, Blade Runner
--Television: Babylon 5
--Books/Series: (Casual) The Shanara Series by Terry Brooks, (Serious) Any dealing with colonial/constitutional era America--including philosophical works associated with the shaping of such, Bronze Age through Viking Era Old Norse (including the sagas, physical/cultural anthropology), and books on eastern warrior/philosophy such as "The Book of 5 Rings", the "Hagakuri", "The Art of War", and other general philosophy.
Candy: Mints
Meditation: Staring into a fire, sitting on the coast watching the waves crash upon the rocks, or laying on my back watching the stars.

Least Favorites:
Chore: Bathroom
Time of Day: Mid-day--it's too chaotic. I prefer the quiet of early mornings.
Sound: "Squeaky" sounds

Hobbies: Reading, woodcarving, music, and martial-arts.
One place in the world I'd like to visit most: A small town on the Norwegian Coast / Fjörd

Dream job: Professional writer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #217489 by
What's your favorite:
Food?
I like food...in general...but probably Pizza!
Color?
I love them all, but Brown is actually my favorite...
Animal?
Otters (though I love Frogs, Turtles, and Dolphins too)
Season?
Autumn!!!
Book: Lightning by Dean Koontz
Book Series: The Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton
TV Series: Tough...but today I will say Grey's Anatomy...However, pretty much anything by Joss Whedon is a favorite!
Movie: Fried Green Tomatoes!!!
Candy/sweet?
Chocolate...in almost any form!!!
Meditation?
Ocean scapes...sitting on top of a rock formation that perfectly cradles me while the waves crash upon the shore nearby causing salt spray to dust my face...add to it a storm out to sea with thunder and lightning and the smell of rain in the air...
What's your least favorite:
Chore?
I really am not a huge fan of doing the dishes or making the bed.
Time of day?
Early morning like 4 or 5 A.M. It's too early to get up and if I do I am groggy all day, but I also don't get a full cycle of sleep if I go back to bed.
Sound?
Machinery...it grates on my nerves.
What are your hobbies?
Photography, Writing, Reading, Movies and TV watching, Hiking on occasion, Road Trips, and Paranormal Investigating.
Prince Edward Island, Canada
I honestly would have loved to be a Marine Biologist.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #217501 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Get to know ya thread :D
What's your favourite...

Food?
Steak (on the rarer side of medium-rare)

Colour?
A deep red (not too bright)

Animal?
Red panda

Season?
Summer, closely followed by autumn (I like the autumn colours, but sun wins out)

Book series – Harry Potter
TV – Once Upon A Time, although I think that we might be heading for a divorce, at which point my favourite show (no longer on air, unfortunately) will revert back to being Greek.
Movie – Hard to choose! As a series, Star Wars, closely followed by Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean. Stand-alones I'm really not sure...Pride & Prejudice (2005 Keira Knightley version, although I love the famous 1995 BBC TV version with Jennifer Ehle just as much), Imagine Me & You, The Holiday, The Fifth Element...there is a recent film that I haven't yet seen that I think will blow them all out of the water though (and no, I don't mean TFA).

Candy/sweet?
I don’t really go in for sweets. Chocolate, though… ;)

Meditation?
I haven’t experienced lots of different types. I generally stick with a simple breathing meditation.

What's your least favourite...

Chore?
Hanging up the laundry (we don’t have a tumble-dryer). So tedious. I think maybe the problem is that I have too many clothes?

Time of day?
Morning, any time before about 9:30am. I really am not a morning person.

Sound?
The noise/cry that a peacock makes ;)

What are your hobbies?
I don’t really have any these days. In my spare time I’m usually spending time with my friends, reading books, or doing TOTJO-related things. Occasionally music-making or gaming.

I’ve got quite a long list of places I’d like to visit, but New York has been at the top of the list for quite some time.

I’m still working on figuring that out! Something self-employed, but beyond that, I’m a bit stumped.

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #217519 by
I love this thread :)

What's your favorite:
Food?: Right now, oranges.
Color?: A mix between this and this. A rich, golden red.
Animal?: Ravens and crows
Season?: Autumn
Book/series or TV series or movie?: Book Series: The Dark Tower by Stephen King
Candy/sweet?: Expensive chocolate. I don't like cheap, waxy stuff..
Meditation?: Something I only recently discovered.. Ho'oponopono . My new favorite.. for now.

Chore?: Dusting. I live in a high desert. There is always dust.
Time of day?: I don't really have one... :unsure:
Sound?: Anything in excess. Too loud, too high-pitched, repetitive..

What are your hobbies?: Music - playing as well as listening. I have a guitar, clarinet, flute, ukulele, djembe, and a singing bowl. I also enjoy painting, writing, gaming, exercise, and studying.

What's the one place in the world you want to visit most?: Iceland. My brother went and his pictures are amazing. It seems quiet and serene. Nothing ever like Toyko or New York. Denmark and Finland would be wonderful as well.

What's your dream occupation?: I just want to help people. Yoga, peer coaching, TotJO apprenticeships.. things of that nature.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217520 by
I totally messed up two of my answers! I accidentally did my favorite time of day and sound. My least favorite time of day would be that time between waking up and actually being awake. That time when all you want in the world is to go back to bed but you know you can't. My least favorite sound is any sound that follows the phrase "Listen, we need to talk."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #217524 by
What's your favorite:
Food? Pizza Fiorentina.
Color? Blue.
Animal? Wolf, I grew up in one of the few places in the UK where you can hear wolves howl every morning.
Season? Autumn.
Book/series or TV series or movie? The Waves - Virginia Woolf, This Is England 86/88/90, Scott Pilgrim vs The World.
Candy/sweet? Not a huge eater of them but I like sour stuff.
Meditation? Vipassanā.

Chore? Cleaning the bathroom.
Time of day? I don't have one; they're all beautiful, in their way
Sound? Either of my children crying.

What are your hobbies? My Jedi work takes most of my time for hobbies, things like working at the homeless shelter and creating lessons for my Apprentices. In the past I was a recurve archer, I've played in bands and I write poetry from time to time. And travel... this year alone I've been to Denmark (three times), Sweden (three times), Estonia, Finland and Iceland. In a week I'll be heading off to Spain. Oh and camping, ha ha. I love wild spaces and getting away from the human world.

What's the one place in the world you want to visit most? Japan is next on the list. I love to travel.

What's your dream occupation? I'm happy where I am right now, as a software tester. I'm good at my job and passionate about what I do. I suppose in time I'd like to go work somewhere more directly about helping others, but as a tester still. I love it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi