Whats your Ideal Meditation Room?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207337 by
I'm designing ongoing design project about Jedis and the Jedi path. I recently proposed as a part of my project to design a room that who be the perfect space for a Jedi to focus, meditate etc.

more info here http://jediismaesthetics.tumblr.com/

I would like to know what would make the perfect Jedi room for you?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207342 by
Replied by on topic Whats your Ideal Meditation Room?
Oh my... I opened your tumblr moments ago, haven't even fully explored it, and I'm already giddy with how amazing your work is. This is SUCH a cool project! I'm going to spend awhile looking through everything you've created so far.

Off the top of my head, I'd want a lot of neutral earth-tone colors (like I see you using), and I'd really want lighting that could be controlled with ease. So you could drop/change the type of lighting for meditation. Hmm.. some sort of way to work crystals, as well. Now I'll have to think about this and get back to you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207364 by
Wow! I don't know where to begin, hehe. I'll have to explore that more later, but I'll answer your question now.

I don't mean to be outside the box here, but honestly my favorite place to meditate is outside. A meditation room for me would have to be more like a covered deck or porch, something that would protect me from the weather but still allow me to feel nature around me. I live in a rural area so there's plenty of nature to see around here, thus I don't like to meditate inside and miss out on it.

So I guess what I'm thinking is something like a gazebo, a comfortable chair, and a table where I could put some candles and incense. Ideally I would love having one in a clearing in the woods, maybe near a pond.

Probably not what you had in mind *shrug*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207401 by
The best place to meditate is where the Force is ...
Inside of us...
Around us...
To the stars and beyond our knowledge.
Because we are one with her and she is one with us
:silly:

More
8 years 6 months ago #207405 by TheDude
The perfect meditation room?
White walls, wooden flooring, a pillow to sit on, and nothing else. No windows. Ideally, the door could be concealed while inside. One light on the ceiling in the center of the room.

More
8 years 6 months ago #207406 by Adder
After a while you might not need a meditation room, because you might learn to detach external sensations from the inner awareness enough to make location generally irrelevant. My ideal place of study on the other hand, a dark largish space with a really wide opening to tidal waterfront, with heavy curtains hanging between me and outside gently moving with the breeze, a bit of incense floating around inside and some ambient music in the background
:)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207415 by
I'm starting to think may be portable kit or platform for meditation may be more appropriate maybe it collapses can be easily assembled in any space outdoor or indoor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207422 by
For those who don't live in quiet ares with nature knocking at thier door, my perfect meditation room would be a simple room at least 30x20 square feet. Windows or ambient lighting with two Bluetooth speakers for my music. With a small candle for my focal point and large pillow for sitting.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #207430 by
Personally I like the minimum of distractions when I meditate. Whilst a specific space is a fantastic luxury, I'd be far more concerned with it being quiet and the right temperature than any specifics about the space. I typically meditate in my bedroom facing a radiator, often I meditate in my car.

A decent buckwheat zafu is nice, a blanket is nice. The rest isn't that relevant to the business of meditation... like asking an artist what shoes they wear when they paint. The wrong ones can be a problem, but the right ones are just the ones which intrude least. When your eyes are closed, your breathing slow and your focus within, the nature of the room around you becomes less important - aside from annoyances which impact your inner calm :D
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207444 by

MrBruno wrote: The best place to meditate is where the Force is ...
Inside of us...
Around us...
To the stars and beyond our knowledge.
Because we are one with her and she is one with us
:silly:

Yes! Well said :silly: To be honest, I can and do meditate anywhere. I gave destinilynch a detailed answer simply because it's what was asked for. But, as you so aptly described, the Force is everywhere, and so we can meditate everywhere.

And I know that while noises and distractions may seem to run counter to true meditation, I've realized that such things are not there by accident. An engine revving. A dog barking. People shouting. It's all part of the Force too. To be all-inclusive as a Jedi, you need to accept the parts that might seem unpleasant.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi