What would be in the temple?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205353 by
It's just a thought, really. I know people have made posts like this but I wanted to go into detail. If someone had the money to build an actual Jedi temple? What would you include in it?

If it was big enough, I'd want a library, a meditation room and a martial arts room to use and practice. What would you have and what kind of design would you like?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205355 by
Replied by on topic What would be in the temple?
I'm normally not one who believes that we need a temple, but if I allow myself to think hypothetically...

Mostly the same as you. A library, a group meditation room, and a Dojo area. Now if we went all out and had people live there we'd need living quarters (simple, like college dorms), a kitchen, a garden, a dining hall, maybe a few animals like a dairy cow and a few egg chickens. I'd like an archery/shooting range.

It never hurts to dream so long as we remember that's what we're doing. :)

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #205356 by OB1Shinobi
in my imagination the jedi temple is on a large plot of land which reaches a coast line - there are many square miles of untouched natural forest which is a preserve on the one hand but also an education and training "resource" on the other - it would be even more awesome if there was a mountain range accessible from the preserve and since we're wishing why not wish for a hardy river to run through it as well

this would allow wilderness and survival training and also general camping and nature loving

the coastal part of the property would have a dock or a port for our "navy" which may not be more than a few canoes but one day would include vessels capable of international travel

we would have some commercial and some "military" capabilities - nothing to brag about or get attention - simply the ability to put people in a ship and go from here to there is a "capability"

thered be community farm land where we would grow crops and raise livestock with the door open to the locals, and also there would be a few separate aquaponic systems and we would help people who were interested in doing these things for themselves to learn how - in fact we'd have a variety community outreach programs which would include sort of day care and secondary education as well as education of financial planning and up to date research on child development and upbringing

i would like some sort of counselling resources available to people as well - especially marriage and life counselling

there would be a gymnasium with equipment for gymnastics, dance, weights, martial arts, yoga, ect

a shooting range for firearms and archery

there would be another area for arts and crafts and for musical training and composition, which would also have a presentation hall with stage for performances

there would be classrooms

need a warehouse (aka a shed lol) area for inventing, building, and fixing whatever projects may come up

NATURALLY there would be as extensive a library as possible and well stocked kitchen, and living quarters for maybe 50 people, and a meditation hall

also there would be sand and rock gardens and fountains and different kinds of art and chimes - the entire aesthetic would be one to promote a sense of wonder and hopefulness

if you dont know what aquaponics are

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaponics

small at-home aqua ponics with fish tank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVSEmwY2u0I

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205362 by
It's cool people would want it to be a living quarters, not just a place to visit. I thought it'd be basically like a church or Buddhist temple, but the idea of it being a living quarters would be nice, too, although more expensive. A temple like this on the coast would be nice! :D
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #205367 by
A meditation room, a library, and a dojo as mentioned above.

I imagine the library as a sort of drop off center. People who pass by leave books that might help the next person along. Several private rooms would be available to confide with one another about beliefs, personal issues, etc. Ideally, power would come from solar panels (which are rapidly decreasing in price). This is important, I feel the temple must be self-sustainable. Considering a standing temple would be a long term project, it would behoove us to plan from every angle.

I would also like to see robes made available for visitors, to remind jedi of their oath to simplicity..
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205368 by
A computer/conferencing room as wherever it was located, the vast majority of our membership would otherwise be excluded from a physical Temple.

An auditorium for guest speakers and sermons, again with video capability.

A community college offering free programmes in whatever the incumbent Jedi have to teach, including first aid, mediation, meditation and whatever else would be of immediate benefit to those around the Temple.

A nature reserve containing a lake and forest and a diverse range of ecosystems.

Beds, kitchens and social space for homeless people.

A sauna.

An ice cream parlour because raspberry ripple is part of the Force and why the hell not.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205372 by
I think those would all be good. :) I will build one as soon as I win the lottery. xD

More
8 years 6 months ago #205419 by Br. John
A Jedi Monastery is likely to be the first thing to happen. It's realistic. It's doable. It makes sense. There would be a library, chapel, kitchen, garden and guest quarters. It only takes a few people who'd live there. They may or may not have outside employment. There are self sustaining monasteries that make and sell a wide variety of things.

I've always especially liked this idea.

Here's a Buddhist Monastery / Temple not far from where I live in Southeast Texas. http://www.buumon.org/about-us1.html

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, rugadd

More
8 years 6 months ago #205424 by TheDude
I like to think that a Jedi Temple would have a nice little hangout room with huge bean bag chairs for everyone to enjoy.
And all the rest of that stuff people have been saying. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 6 months ago #205442 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic What would be in the temple?
Ages ago me and a member (red herron) actually drew up several plans that utilized every idea mentioned...plus the use of alternate energy sources....one of these days I may have to dig up that ancient thread.....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi