The Sith Creed and How It Actually Helps Me?

More
8 years 6 months ago #205503 by rugadd
I won't disagree with you Khaos, though I did try to walk it many years ago. It took me to a dark place and I was surrounded by dark people. So, I understand it from a different perspective then, or others. My comment was meant to convey the gestalt of my experience. I did not intend to be dismissive.

A sour taste that likely has nothing to do with the reality of "Sith" teachings still lingers.

I apologize for being disrespectful, Khaos. I could've worded that in a much more polite tone. Nor was I aware you were Sith. Maybe you can enlighten me some time as far as understanding Sith teachings, from your perspective.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 6 months ago #205539 by RyuJin
i've yet to meet a true sith that wasn't a good person...the few "bad" ones i've met were roleplaying...or at least that's how i perceived it...or perhaps just having a bad day...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205593 by

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205605 by

rugadd wrote: I won't disagree with you Khaos, though I did try to walk it many years ago. It took me to a dark place and I was surrounded by dark people. So, I understand it from a different perspective then, or others. My comment was meant to convey the gestalt of my experience. I did not intend to be dismissive.

A sour taste that likely has nothing to do with the reality of "Sith" teachings still lingers.

I apologize for being disrespectful, Khaos. I could've worded that in a much more polite tone. Nor was I aware you were Sith. Maybe you can enlighten me some time as far as understanding Sith teachings, from your perspective.

rugadd, this whole post just exemplifies why you are one of my favorite dudes here. cheers

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #205619 by
Any code worth following can be twisted to fit one's objectives and biases. The main difference, in my opinion, is that the Jedi code is about letting go of one's passion to accept what is, while the Sith code is more about embracing one's passion and making it work for you instead of against you. Other than that, I think they serve the same purpose -- living in the present and doing what needs to be done. An oversimplification, at best, but it works in the context I see in my mind.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi