What is the Dark Side?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205259 by
Replied by on topic What is the Dark Side?
What is the Dark side?

A choice.

My choice.

Anymore than that would be like trying to explain to someone why I like a certain type of music,food,wine, etc.

At one time, when I first started down the Sith path, this question was super important, and I answered it in pages of text, then one page, then one paragraph, then one sentence, and finally, I wondered why I went through all the trouble.

At its core, when I think about it long enough, I always come back to one word, if I absolutely have to explain it.

Passion.

Certainly, others use this word, regardless of alignment or discipline, but it holds a different kind of weight in the Dark. That word, is a lynchpin that holds a Dark practitioners core values together, everything starts and ends with it.

I cannot give it its due justice in the meaning it has for the Dark path, but at the same time, like most things in the Dark path as I have come to understand it, it is not about explaining, it is about doing, and feeling.

The Dark is very much experienced on a somatic level.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205262 by
My opinion:

The dark side of the force is non existent, rather, it is how one uses the force. As Jedi, we use the force for good, trying to achieve unity with the force. Practitioners of Sithism try to gain control of the force, only seeking unification to gain their own personal benefits.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205300 by

tzb wrote: The dark/light dichotomy, like all others, is an illusion.

The Force is grey to its core. Unity - One, not Two.

This, and Goken's response, pretty much sum up what I believe.

There is no duality in the Force. I would describe it by saying that the Force is "good," as we would describe it, and that evil is an artificial condition fostered within sentience. I might would describe it by saying that "dark" and "light" are the Force's reflection on the individual, rather than aspects or polarities of the Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205309 by

Goken wrote: There is no Dark Side to the Force, only to the individual. We all have one in us. There is a saying about there being two wolves in everyone, a light and a dark. The one that becomes the strongest is the one we feed the most.

So The Force is universal entity/connection, I Choose to manipulate "those" energies, thus the "dark side" emerges upon how I use it? otherwise its just that, the force?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #205310 by

Star Forge wrote:

tzb wrote: The dark/light dichotomy, like all others, is an illusion.

The Force is grey to its core. Unity - One, not Two.

This, and Goken's response, pretty much sum up what I believe.

There is no duality in the Force. I would describe it by saying that the Force is "good," as we would describe it, and that evil is an artificial condition fostered within sentience. I might would describe it by saying that "dark" and "light" are the Force's reflection on the individual, rather than aspects or polarities of the Force.

The universe never makes anything in one's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MBzv85rwxc

Just one of anything wood extremely boring, and that's possibly the best case scenario.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

More
8 years 6 months ago #205313 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic What is the Dark Side?
Let the hate flow through you...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205337 by

Zhaerys wrote:

Goken wrote: There is no Dark Side to the Force, only to the individual. We all have one in us. There is a saying about there being two wolves in everyone, a light and a dark. The one that becomes the strongest is the one we feed the most.

So The Force is universal entity/connection, I Choose to manipulate "those" energies, thus the "dark side" emerges upon how I use it? otherwise its just that, the force?

The way I see it, yes. Take a hammer for example. The hammer is a tool, it's a thing. It has no inherent properties of good or evil. It can be used to build a lovely home or it can be used to take a life. It's all in the wielder, not in what is being wielded.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #205339 by
To me the Dark side is one side of the spectrum of good and bad choices. On the opposite side is the light side and in the middle is neutral. To determine what belongs where I look at whether the action or choice is causing harm to people "Dark Side", doesn't make a difference "Neutral", or creates healing / promotes positive growth "Light Side". Of course many of those things are subjective and I know the world will never be able to look through a fully objective lens but that's how I define it. Certain emotions like jealousy I believe to be connected to the dark side since it can lead to you making those choices that harm people. Great question by the way lots of interesting answers here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #205354 by
With all do respect, Connor L.,

You wrote:

The Darkness is the origin of all things. It's an old, powerful stillness that has much to teach us. But, when people try and manipulate the darkness by making it "ours", that lust destroys us because we are children of the Light.

If The Darkness is the origin of all things, (the universe and everything in it, especially humanity) how could we (human beings) and even more so for the Jedi, we could saying at the same time we are children of the Light?

In other terms: how the Darkness could produce what is "bright", and ultimately the Light?

I just want to be sure I understand well.

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205361 by
To be honest, I don't know. hahah.

I would not listen to anybody who tells me they truly understand the origin of all things.

All I know (besides nothing), is that Darkness is the origin of all things. Before there was light, there was darkness. And, before Darkness, light. And, before Light, darkness. And, so on through the eons.

How CAN the darkness produce light? If we truly understood that, then there would be no question as to the origins of the universe. Scientists and religious people have debated this for a very long time. If you come up with the answer, please let me know.

In all simpleness, this is just my belief. Out of nothing came something. But, there was probably something else before that.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi