What's your personality type?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #121308 by
Replied by on topic What's your personality type?
There have been a few similar threads and whenever I take the test, I get a different result. This time I got:

INTP
I - 78%, N - 16%, T - 1%, P - 18%.

hahaha
Interesting.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #121322 by Lykeios Little Raven

Reliah wrote: There have been a few similar threads and whenever I take the test, I get a different result. This time I got:

INTP
I - 78%, N - 16%, T - 1%, P - 18%.

hahaha
Interesting.

Your percentages are relatively low, other than I. That's likely why you get varying results. You're sort of on the cusp. You're one of those people that likely shift types based on mood and such.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #121326 by
For anyone interested, here is a Wikipedia article that details some of Jung's "8 cognitive processes" theory, which is the foundation of the Myers-Briggs system and various others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian_cognitive_functions

[Note: The "16 Personalities" test claims to be based on the writings of Carl Jung, David Keirsey, and Isabel Briggs-Myers, but Keirsey's approach to Jung's material is significantly different from Myers-Briggs, so they may have developed their own system for the site.]

If you're curious about the 8 cognitive processes and want brief explanations of them, this is a good resource:
http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/

In the case of the Myers-Briggs system, there is more to the 4-letter designation than the words commonly associated with each of the letters. In Myers-Briggs, the first and last letters are modifiers that tell you whether or not the 2 center letters/processes are introverted or extraverted (Jung spelled it with an 'a').

Most people have preferences for 4 of Jung's processes and tend to rely heavily on those (over the use of the other 4). The higher up a process is in an individual's preferences (or the more frequently a process is used), the easier it is to use (doesn't require as much energy).

This means that, theoretically, our personality types never change. We always fall back on our basic preferences when we need to make quick decisions. This doesn't mean that you can't learn to use other processes, and this is probably where the confusion occurs when people receive different results from the tests.

The tests are just indicators of what your type might be, so I wouldn't put too much faith in them. According to the Myers-Briggs manual, the only person who can properly type you is you. Ultimately, you are the only person who knows how your brain works.

If you want to accurately discover and verify your personality type, my suggestion is to study the 8 cognitive processes and figure out which of them you use most often and order them accordingly. From there, it's easy to use a chart (like the one toward the end of this blog entry ) to work out your probable personality type.

Incidentally, I received an incorrect result with the test posted, and over the last 25 years I've only received a result other than my actual type around 2-3 times. I appreciate you posting the original test, Luthien, and don't (at all) want you to feel like it wasn't appreciated (I love this stuff and am glad you posted it). :)

I wanted to throw this test into the mix. Despite not having the option to select a range of answers, it seems to give fairly accurate results...

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Also, I felt it was worth sharing that there are many other systems out there only loosely based on Jung's theory that use the 4-letter designation, and some of them are pretty ridiculous (e.g., I'm not personally fond of Socionics).

Keep an eye out and be aware of the differences within whatever system you're using. It doesn't really matter which system you use, as it's all theory anyway, but those differences can cause confusion if you're not aware of them.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #121501 by
INFP

I 4%
N 24%
F 24%
P 33%

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #121548 by
I have always gotten this same type each time I take a similar test:

Your personality type: INFP.

Strength of individual traits: I - 68%, N - 52%, F - 24%, P - 34%.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #121730 by
Strength of individual traits: I - 82%, N - 18%, T - 8%, P - 8%.

“Philosophers”, “architects”, “dreamy professors”… Yep that's me. I'm the artist that likes to sit and think and analyze something before, during, and after I draw it.

More
10 years 6 months ago #121734 by Wescli Wardest

Attachment h69dbf0a.jpg not found

Monastic Order of Knights
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #122349 by
Replied by on topic Re:What's your personality type?
Your personality type: ISTJ.

Strength of individual traits: Introversion - 33%, Sensing - 7%, Thinking - 1%, Judging - 18%.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #122396 by
ENTJ.

Strength of individual traits: Extraversion - 9%, Intuition - 22%, Thinking - 7%, Judging - 7%.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #122431 by
Thought some of you might enjoy these. They are short video profiles for the 16 personality types by a lecturer named Neil Ihde.

These are technically about communication styles of the different types in the workplace, but I've found them to be some of the best profiles in general.

ENFJ
ENFP
ENTJ
ENTP
ESFJ
ESFP
ESTJ
ESTP
INFJ
INFP
INTJ
INTP
ISFJ
ISFP
ISTJ
ISTP

If the video associated with the personality type that you identify with doesn't speak to you, you may want to re-evaluate your type.

None of the tests are wholly accurate indicators of what your type might be (but as tests go, -this one- isn't too bad).

If you're curious, I'm an INFJ. There seem to be a number of INFJs in this community, which is awesome! We're often in the minority.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi