Dreams.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10523 by
Replied by on topic Re:Dreams.
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

in the end the only person who can tell you what your dreams mean is you.

Truly wise words. I was hoping that a wise Jedi could help me to find what my dreams mean. I think you have helped me to realize that I need to think about it more and search for the answers within myself.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10527 by
I think you are right. The answer to your questions are inside you. Though that also places the burden on you as well. I don't want to sound too Yodaish, but meditate, and relax your mind. That helps me in more ways then i can count!

mtfbwy

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10529 by
I will, and definitely should, meditate on it. And there's nothing wrong with sounding Yodaish, Yoda is wise.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 months ago #10530 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Dreams.
Lol, I also agree I do. The reason why I have a problem with going to someone else to have my dreams explained is because we do not dream in a universal language. I mean if we dream of a dog it could mean loyalty, fear... or even a memory. When we do get our dreams interpreted then all we are getting is the interpreters inner life, one of a million possible versions. Now someone who can spiritually connect does not look at the story but feels where you are at and explains this in light of the dream. That is why, in my humble opinion, the best person who should understand your dream language is you.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10531 by
There are a few people with gifts for helping one solve dreams, they seem to be able to 'read' dreams better then most. My fiancee is one such person but his skills are lacking, he has no focus or drive to use this ability. Plus my dreams are always to bizar for him to interpret, lol. But it isn't the dreams i focus on anymore. When i am asleep i try, and i say try guite literally, to remember what isn't a dream, anything that doesn't 'feel' like a dream. If you pay attention to the feelings, well in my case at least, of how the dream feels and different parts of the dream you can really pick up on things that you might not otherwise have noticed, unfortunatly sometimes when you are first starting to 'pay attenting' you may wake yourself up too. But with anything, practise makes perfect, but it's up to you to try.
MTFBWY

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10533 by
Another problem I have also, is that I never know I'm dreaming until I wake up. It always feels so real, like it's actually happening, or like I'm actually seeing it. When I'm dreaming it's like I'm actually there.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10538 by
again if you can learn to control your dream self you can find out if you are dreaming.If you can stop and think \"is this a dream\"than your already controling your self in your dream.All you need to do is do what you've always dreamd.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10559 by
One method to learn to control your dream is in real life, occasionally actually try to change something so wierd that you know you are asleep. Like while you are awake, try to change the color of the floor to lime green or the sky to pink or something. then when it becomes a habit you will attempt to in your dream and if it happens you will know you are dreaming, then explore your world. But as i have said you may be snapped awake in an attempt by you counscious mind to take control. Over time your conscious mind will not need to take control except for what little you will be in control of. SO practise makes perfect and some things take time. I hate hearing that but it's true. So, patience will help you in the long run.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10566 by
Ah, patience is something I really need to learn. I'm very impatient, and it's a real problem. I always want things done now, I hate waiting.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi