ceremonial/ traditional Jedi clothing

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #113040 by
What is the traditional outfit of a Jedi and where can I get one?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #113041 by Kohadre
I wouldn't say that there is really a set outfit used by Jedi, even for ceremonies. That is, at least none I have been made aware of through my escapades through the site.

We are not a group of role-players or star-wars fanatics. I would suggest reading the FAQ's if you have not already.

Of course if I am wrong im my assumptions, I do hope one of the knights or more tenured members will correct me :silly:

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 9 months ago #113046 by RyuJin
we have no requirements here at totjo...however if you feel a need for a set of robes, you can make them, or order them online somewhere... garbtheworld.com has robes for as low as 70 bucks...which is the cheapest i've found online so far...i make my own...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #113055 by
Yes. I read the FAQ and am preparing to take the oath and do the initiate program. I was just wondering because I see some of the senior members in robes

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 9 months ago #113056 by Jestor
If you like, please feel free...

There are no rules against it either...:)

Some like there references to the fiction, there is nothing wrong with it, monks and other religios people wear robes, not often with hoods, but, we are cool like that...

Mostly, I wear face paint, and purple pimp suits... I rock a purple pimp suit... ;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #113070 by
I usually wear a light colored plaid wool bathrobe over black fleece pants and a florescent yellow fleece hoodie. I usually walk barefoot or in sandals. B) :) ;) :laugh: :lol:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #113076 by rugadd
I wear a robe for meditation(excluding when at work). The short reason is because I believe meditation should be fun and it is fun to wear a robe. (Yes, I freely admit that I take some inspiration from Lucas' films. It makes sense to me to incorporate the elements I enjoy in life into my equally enjoyable worship of...life.) :pinch: :S :side: :silly: :P

I have standardized my own personal dress code, but it incorporates commonly found clothing in the place that I live. I would be happy to share my guidelines if you like. :evil:

Should I attend an event within the confines of "The Temple"(TOTJO) of significant importance to me(Live knighting, Live Service etc), I would likely wear my Gong Fu robes and sash under my meditation robe and my T-pouch(read:"man purse that looks really cool.") B)

:)

Anyway, I guess you could probably tell I might try to encourage you to have fun with it. Pick something appropriate to the feeling you want to propagate. Really the only essential quality.( and shacking up with you mates and doing a theme ain't bad. Just don't get sour if noone else jumps in.)

rugadd
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by rugadd. Reason: Grammatical oops.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre

More
10 years 9 months ago #113079 by Kohadre

rugadd wrote: I have standardized my own personal dress code, but it incorporates commonly found clothing in the place that I live. I would be happy to share my guidelines if you like. :evil:

Anyway, I guess you could probably tell I might try to encourage you to have fun with it. Pick something appropriate to the feeling you want to propagate. Really the only essential quality.( and shacking up with you mates and doing a theme ain't bad. Just don't get sour if noone else jumps in.)

Pretty much this, I pretty much wear a black dress shirt and either tan pants if I'm at work, or blue pants if I'm out doing something I want. This with my clerical badge, and its pretty much my standard outfit. I'm comfortable in it as it isn't too flashy and looks like what other clergy (outside of TOTJO) would wear.

Of course, you may be more comfortable in something more elaborate and flashy, to each their own really. The main thing in my view though is that the way you dress should reflect something about your personality.

So long and thanks for all the fish

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #113108 by
It's helps a lot to know what the parts are then you can find them for cheap and by cheap I mean just as good or better than whatever outrageous price a custom store would charge you.

Wear any under shirt

The cheapest form of a Jedi robe is called a gi.

Then there are tabards which are easy enough to make or you can buy one.

The Belt is usually called a sash. You can find leather sashes usually ladies ,but who cares?

Boots are easy enough to find you might want to search steam punk for assessors.

More
10 years 9 months ago #113117 by Alexandre Orion
It has happened that I've been around for a long time and have acquired some things.

My robe was made for me about 20 years ago when I had earned it. I have a gi, I have boots and a nice wide belt ...

My robe is hanging over there on a hook. The gi is on a hanger. The boots and belt are in the closet.

Is the hook "Jedi", or the hanger or the closet ?

On the other hand, I'm dressed to go for a run. Am I not "Jedi" in shorts, tee-shirt and comfortable shoes ?

Just a another thing to ponder ... ;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi