Minutes : December 8th 2018

More
5 years 3 months ago #330310 by thomaswfaulkner
Thank you for everyone who was able to attend...you really made the meeting something truly remarkable. The majority of the session was a q&a with members of the clergy as the agenda for this month was rather small. I know a few of you were unable to attend due to technical issues...I want to reassure you that this will not be the only open meeting and I hope to see you in the next one after everyone has finished "eating their lan."

You may find the minutes below:

Warning: Spoiler!

May you be happy, may you be free, and may the Force be with you.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Skryym

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330317 by
Replied by on topic Minutes : December 8th 2018
In terms of getting people involved in clergy work early on pre-finishing the IP, perhaps the development of a lay leadership program would be useful.

Duties could be: learning the basics of active listening, helping to run clergy events like services (getting people to come), a basic service requirement, etc.

There is certainly a “have your cake and take a small bite out of it too” solution to this question.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #330324 by
Thank you for the Minutes, which seemed more like hours to read through. :laugh:

Considering I could not get logged in to join in the meeting (kept saying the site was under maintenance) I do have a question, if anyone of the Clergy would be willing to answer it?

In the Minutes it did talk about people with their own ministries and own groups but I did not see anything talking about extended faiths or alternates being part of the Clergy. For example, me: I am a Heathen/Norse Jedi and while I believe in the Force and the teachings of the Temple I also believe in the Norse Pantheon. Given this alternative belief, would I be able to still be part of the Clergy and participate with the rest of the Clergy and later be on the Council?
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Submitted before I finished typing.

More
5 years 3 months ago #330329 by thomaswfaulkner

Connor L. wrote: In terms of getting people involved in clergy work early on pre-finishing the IP, perhaps the development of a lay leadership program would be useful.

Duties could be: learning the basics of active listening, helping to run clergy events like services (getting people to come), a basic service requirement, etc

I like this idea...I really like it a lot. It would almost be like a link; not necessarily providing services like confidence or ceremonies that require licensure or ordination, but something like "First Responders" who link and provide outsourcing/administration....I'll bring this up to Synod at the next meeting. Thank you for this idea.

Silvermane wrote: Thank you for the Minutes, which seemed more like hours to read through. :laugh:

Considering I could not get logged in to join in the meeting (kept saying the site was under maintenance) I do have a question, if anyone of the Clergy would be willing to answer it?

In the Minutes it did talk about people with their own ministries and own groups but I did not see anything talking about extended faiths or alternates being part of the Clergy. For example, me: I am a Heathen/Norse Jedi and while I believe in the Force and the teachings of the Temple I also believe in the Norse Pantheon. Given this alternative belief, would I be able to still be part of the Clergy and participate with the rest of the Clergy and later be on the Council?

2.5 hours is more like it!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Of course (!), external faiths are not barriers towards your participation in Seminary, in fact, there are several lessons within our program that talk about the importance of recognizing the various aspects of myth and religion to help you craft your own personal ministry. Being a Temple of many faiths and with the Force and Doctrine as our binding glue, we draw upon the various lessons and experiences of being that highlight what it means to be. My perspective only allows me to see part of the whole elephant so it’s good to listen to and reflect upon the ideals shared by other’s, not to blindly accept, but to analyze and guide us down our own path.

Your flavor of Jedi is worth something and if you are interested in joining the Clergy, my inbox is always open! I’d love to chat about the entrance requirements and admissions process with anyone who is willing to serve.

Serving on council is a whole 'nother ball park outside the duties and scope of Clergy, though. Clergy is provided with direction firstly by the Synod who is managed by Council. :)

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330337 by

thomaswfaulkner wrote: 2.5 hours is more like it!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Of course (!), external faiths are not barriers towards your participation in Seminary, in fact, there are several lessons within our program that talk about the importance of recognizing the various aspects of myth and religion to help you craft your own personal ministry. Being a Temple of many faiths and with the Force and Doctrine as our binding glue, we draw upon the various lessons and experiences of being that highlight what it means to be. My perspective only allows me to see part of the whole elephant so it’s good to listen to and reflect upon the ideals shared by other’s, not to blindly accept, but to analyze and guide us down our own path.

Your flavor of Jedi is worth something and if you are interested in joining the Clergy, my inbox is always open! I’d love to chat about the entrance requirements and admissions process with anyone who is willing to serve.

Serving on council is a whole 'nother ball park outside the duties and scope of Clergy, though. Clergy is provided with direction firstly by the Synod who is managed by Council. :)

I knew getting on the Council would be something different but I wanted to make sure that my slight differences of opinion based on my, as you called it, "flavor of Jedi" would not cause me to be overlooked by the powers that be or possibly denied without due cause for the previously mentioned reason?

I joined the Clergy right after I finished my IP, like 3 years or so ago, but I never got far with it because I was focused on my Apprenticeship. Though once I am through with that I would like to regain admittance and follow through with what I started.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
5 years 3 months ago #330340 by Neaj Pa Bol

Silvermane wrote: Thank you for the Minutes, which seemed more like hours to read through. :laugh:

Norse Pantheon falls under the Pagan SIG. You can contact THE Current SIG Advisor regarding this...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330356 by

Silvermane wrote: I wanted to make sure that my slight differences of opinion based on my, as you called it, "flavor of Jedi" would not cause me to be overlooked by the powers that be

Careful with this because what thomas says is not exactly true. Their limits only go so far. If you want in you still have to play their game. Meaning their claim of syncretisism is actually limited to their specific definition of jedi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330375 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Silvermane wrote: I wanted to make sure that my slight differences of opinion based on my, as you called it, "flavor of Jedi" would not cause me to be overlooked by the powers that be

Careful with this because what thomas says is not exactly true. Their limits only go so far. If you want in you still have to play their game. Meaning their claim of syncretisism is actually limited to their specific definition of jedi.

There is no game, there is doctrine.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi