Do You Know Yourself?

More
6 years 1 week ago #320234 by Alethea Thompson
It's a question that has been on the minds of philosophers since it was conceived. But what exactly does it mean?

You cannot really get a good consensus of "Know Thyself", there is no comprehensive list of questions to ask yourself and give you the Satori moment of knowing who you are. Though, a list would provide an interesting array of understanding one's self.

Personal Exercise (just something to do, I'm not asking you to report back on it):

Step 1: Compile a list of things you would ask yourself to get to know YOU if you were to encounter yourself on the street. A list that would help you not only understand who you are, but also would give you a good indication as to whether or not the person in front of you is someone you'd want to spend your life with if you were going to marry yourself. ;)

Step 2: What do the questions reveal about you?

As I work with the Jedi Sextant-which is what inspired this post, I find that my own contemplations reveal a great deal. I find that the things I keep going back to relate to interactions with people in general- instead of looking to the Negative Cards as NEGATIVE, I try to find a way they can be turned into a positive. I even look at the Positive Cards and find how they can be both good and harmful. There are other things too, but I just wanted to get the exercise out there. :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #320239 by
Replied by on topic Do You Know Yourself?
I realize this is a reflective exercise and a lot of self knowledge comes about from reflection but (and I put myself in this category) I am a fool to rely only on self reflection. I can justify most all of my faults. :-)

I find when I dislike what others, very close to me, say about me then they are probably right. My wife is right a lot. I truly mean this.

I don't mean to discredit your /suggestion in any way. What you propose is valuable. I am saying others that know you well see you more objectively or at least from a different perspective and that is valuable and complementary to knowing yourself.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi