A question from the Hermit

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314924 by
Just a question regarding meditation.

I was using a guided meditation from the Insight Timer app on my phone last night and had a bit of a difference from what the guided mediation was trying to have me see. The meditation was on shielding and protection. Part of the meditation was concentrating on the center of one's third chakra and using the light one was supposed to find there to form a spiritual shield around oneself. My difference was that instead of a "tiny diamond of light" I found something akin to a shiny black obsidian chip. A darkness that seemed to draw in light and radiate peace and calmness.

My question is this: has anyone else gone searching for light inside themselves as part of a guided meditation and found darkness instead?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #314949 by Carlos.Martinez3
There is a book called the 4 agreements . In the begins of the book it speaks about an individual who came back from his tribe with a releveation. Part of that revelation was about light . In warrior of the light by p cohelo ( I may have miss spelled it ) it's true subject about the entire book. There's a book called color therapy by r b Amber that has a very " you should read this book" about it . All on colors and light .
Some see us as light and some see us as reflections of light and even some see us as keepers of said light and even others see us as creators of light .
There are many difrent theory's and practices to the "inner light "
I personally believe if you have light you will also have darkness . Light and dark exist togeather ... one with. This is no big secret . How we use it is To us. What we choose to do with it . That's the good stuff, that's the stuff lives are made and ideas shared and wisdom is gained.
To answer your question - my practice - my focus is to be whole . To find my own balance . So in my own meditation behind the light there dwells the dark. Not everything is up ... there exist everything at any given time . I can acsess fear and pain as quickly as I can acsess love and joy and forgiveness ... they are all present ... how you apply them and when .... that's life itself ! Happy seeking and feel free to pm or Skype directly or if you have any questions just ask my friend .
Be well and may the force be with you !!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314974 by
Replied by on topic A question from the Hermit

MisterHermitCO wrote: Part of the meditation was concentrating on the center of one's third chakra and using the light one was supposed to find there to form a spiritual shield around oneself. My difference was that instead of a "tiny diamond of light" I found something akin to a shiny black obsidian chip. A darkness that seemed to draw in light and radiate peace and calmness.

My question is this: has anyone else gone searching for light inside themselves as part of a guided meditation and found darkness instead?

The beautiful thing about obsidian is it can be shaped. It can be just a hunk of obsidian, or (with hard work, skill, and patience) can be formed into the sharpest of blades. Perhaps this is a lesson to you, to learn to shape who you are, deep down, to become more than you are today. It won't be easy, it isn't meant to be, and you'll have to chip parts off of who you are now to reveal what you want to become... but once its all done, no other blade can be your equal. ;)

But as for finding darkness within... I guess that happens to us all throughout our lives. What is the darkness? Why do you think it is there? And how do you remove it? Those are the questions I ask myself when I find myself struggling with my inner darkness.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi