Views on Astral Projection/Travel?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301163 by
I'm extremely curious what the majority here think of meditating to a state of Astral projection and how it pertains to Jediism and the doctrine of the force.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301164 by Adder
There was a recent thread here about one members experience of similar.

But to answer your question for me personally... to me it's an integral part in my path BUT in ways which probably would not classify as it, by contemporary definitions. For me;
1. active (meditative) visualization
2. the flying part of dream work
3. remote location focus.
Which are all different types of more then likely imagined translocation (conscious thought, subconscious, conscious feeling). The only other way I've come close is a near death experience, which is not really within my path so much (though I was a big fan of Flatliners in the day, I wouldn''t suggest doing it!!).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301171 by
Astral Projection has nothing to do with Jediism and It's various doctrines.

As for "The Force" Its relatible merely in the simple fact that it is done and viewed in an energetic and spiritual pursuit and practice.

As a practitioner of Jedi.....Astral Projection holds zero interest to me these days XD It did when I was younger though....and what i discovered during such exploring was that all these various methods and techniques all narrow down to one's own internal force. Once you shed away all the fancy trappings and distractions (Such as traveling around some mystical plane) all of the answers you seek are easily found by simply being aware of the present and the now.

I find I have enough to discover here in our mortal trappings to last me many life times ^_^ Im good.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301173 by Eleven
My view points are listed above. Like, is said above as well, Astral Projection isn't anything to do with Jedi ism as a whole. I've done it several times now and have decided not to continue to do it. It requires a serious mind, a guide with years of exp. and you being healthy. When I was younger, I had several encounters in the Astral Realm and they we're quite pleasant but, I've heard of horror stories of those who went without proper knowledge and learned to regret it. It's up to you but, it's not really related to Jediism.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
6 years 6 months ago #301189 by Carlos.Martinez3
I'm a fan. It is my personal view that you should find out for your self if things like this are for or not for you. That's called learning . Here in the Temple we encourage it ! Learning and finding new things.

I myself use it to focus more intently on my own personal chains and blocks I want to reshape and mend. Personally i use as many tools as possible to complete my task ... Mission... Focus ... Chosen light , chosen direction... What ever you can call it , don't get me wrong , the mind is a aharp thing and a powerful tool. Always remember a return. It's cool to do all this neat stuff but I always ask my self ... Why? I turn to you to set yourself the same way , have your own reasons and your own practices... Plural of you like . Seek and you will find ! May the Force be with you! Happy seeking !!!! Pm if you like for personal specifics and such .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 6 months ago #301207 by Manu
What I think of when I hear "Astral Projection":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWomD6TazQ

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301228 by

Manu wrote: What I think of when I hear "Astral Projection":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWomD6TazQ

Dude, I need that skill in my life xD

More
6 years 6 months ago #301265 by Eleven
lol that's great :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302149 by

MatthewRoss wrote: I'm extremely curious what the majority here think of meditating to a state of Astral projection and how it pertains to Jediism and the doctrine of the force.

I believe astral projection is a good practice to investigate the deeper places of "The Force", sound logic is good for doctrine. We would all agree that meditative practice is good doctrine. Because it is essential for spiritual development.. Astral Investigation is also essential, but for understanding.. The ancient priests of Egypt use to do it..

When I was young, I Astral travelled. I didn't know I was but I did.. and met something evil, like a demon dog.. and it chased me all the way home..

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #302153 by Carlos.Martinez3

Jaedon Adar-Barnaby wrote:

MatthewRoss wrote: I'm extremely curious what the majority here think of meditating to a state of Astral projection and how it pertains to Jediism and the doctrine of the force.

I believe astral projection is a good practice to investigate the deeper places of "The Force", sound logic is good for doctrine. We would all agree that meditative practice is good doctrine. Because it is essential for spiritual development.. Astral Investigation is also essential, but for understanding.. The ancient priests of Egypt use to do it..

When I was young, I Astral travelled. I didn't know I was but I did.. and met something evil, like a demon dog.. and it chased me all the way home..

That CAN happen. Fair warning there ! No labels but things like this are a possibility. Be smart in your travel abroad and ... and in your mind as well. Be strong Jedi ! I know you are ! Keep seeking ! Keep finding ! .... might not be what your seeking .... see above possibility but you will find. Excellent example of the "fumbling in the unknown" and its possibilities . Dark and light both exist as well as known and un known. Be ready for both , (all) before . Preperation is always good. Aka u stretch before U activity... same thing , mentally be ready and at a place you can begin.

Personally ,zero ing out ... blank space ing... empty ness ing ... ridding .... calming ... stopping .... all those help prep any mind seeking and ready!.they do me constantly
Smiley face !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Kobos, ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi