Learn_To_Know, Knight, Ceremony, 2012

More
11 years 5 months ago #76375 by Wescli Wardest
Now that everyone has had a chance to get their two cents in... I just wanted to say that it couldn't have happened to a better guy! ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76377 by
woot!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76379 by
You'll all have to forgive me here. I tried to restrain myself but I see such glaring hypocrisy that I feel obligated to express my thoughts. To be Knighted is a great honor, according to the posts and information on this site, reserved for those that hold morality, love and compassion in the highest regard. A Jedi believes "In the inherent worth of every person. People are worthy of RESPECT", that a Jedi is moral..and trustworthy. seeks not to be understood as much as to understand. Does all this get thrown out as soon as an apprentice gets enough "points" to be Knighted?? I understand that no one is perfect. But shouldn't ones effort n perfection be taken into account? or does one simply justify all action as following ones bliss? Jedi swear oaths and make commitments but he shows again and again a contempt for oaths and vows? It seems to me that evidence provided, clergy of a religious institution would take note to such things and possibly evaluate how and when a person is allowed rank and prestige. I see posts declaring the hypocrisy of religions doing the same thing that is being done here. I know that I was never really much involved here at the Temple. I had high hopes for what it could do for me personally. But I will no longer participate here. It has become to much to bear.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76383 by
Congratulations Learn to Know! I'll do my best to be present for it.

More
11 years 5 months ago #76384 by Br. John

Tripp Borz wrote: You'll all have to forgive me here. I tried to restrain myself but I see such glaring hypocrisy that I feel obligated to express my thoughts. To be Knighted is a great honor, according to the posts and information on this site, reserved for those that hold morality, love and compassion in the highest regard. A Jedi believes "In the inherent worth of every person. People are worthy of RESPECT", that a Jedi is moral..and trustworthy. seeks not to be understood as much as to understand. Does all this get thrown out as soon as an apprentice gets enough "points" to be Knighted?? I understand that no one is perfect. But shouldn't ones effort n perfection be taken into account? or does one simply justify all action as following ones bliss? Jedi swear oaths and make commitments but he shows again and again a contempt for oaths and vows? It seems to me that evidence provided, clergy of a religious institution would take note to such things and possibly evaluate how and when a person is allowed rank and prestige. I see posts declaring the hypocrisy of religions doing the same thing that is being done here. I know that I was never really much involved here at the Temple. I had high hopes for what it could do for me personally. But I will no longer participate here. It has become to much to bear.

Does anyone have the slightest idea of what he's talking about?

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #76386 by

Br John wrote: Does anyone have the slightest idea of what he's talking about?

Sorry to hijack the thread here LTK, but congratulations again! :)

I'll have a chat and try to find out - I've spoken to Scott before about stuff

As for anyone else, I would hope that they don't start gossiping or spreading rumours regarding what are very much some personal issues :)

Lets keep this thread for recognising LTK's achievements! :)
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by .

More
11 years 5 months ago #76387 by Br. John
Yes indeed congratulations to Learn_To_Know.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76401 by

Tripp Borz wrote: You'll all have to forgive me here.

I forgive you. :)

I apologized to you months ago Scott. If you can't let it go, then there is nothing else I can do about it.

May peace go with you.

LTK

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 5 months ago #76404 by RyuJin
Sadly success can sometimes cause jealousy...seeing one be elevated brings the eyes of others ...to quote a certain game (kotr2)...regardless gratz LTK...thus you begin the next stage of your training...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #76412 by
Imma be there.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi