Legends News Channel

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #295433 by
Legends News Channel was created by
Hey everyone. For those who don't know me I'm Ren Tohimaru, a Jedi High Knight at the Jedi Knights group. I've taken over our news section, and I'm reworking it into a world news channel, the "Legends News Channel". If you want to write an article, especially in world news, I'd love your contribution. I have our monthly newsletter in progress, which will be published September 1st. If you have something you would like to contribute, let me know-deadline for submissions is August 25th. I'm not on here much so get in touch with me on facebook (look up Ren Tohimaru) or through my email, ren.tohimaru@gmail.com. Here's the facebook to Legends News Channel:

Legends News Channel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #295438 by
Replied by on topic Legends News Channel
Just gonna put this here:

Links & Linking:

Please use the appropriate forum when linking material. If you want to post a funny video you can use the Humour sub-forum. The Miscellaneous Forum is considered an 'anything' goes area.

If you wish to post a link to your own site or a sales site then get permission from a Councillor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299330 by
Funny...while I recall something about that, it's not really a website, and I would have thought something supporting what Jedi do...or at least claim to, would have been something lapped up. Then again, 77 views, although no replies. Got some fiction for you:

Fear is the path to the dark side; fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering.

Guess the fear worked?

some more fiction:

When a Jedi behaves badly in public, an observer might think, 'If this Jedi is a representative of the whole Order, then plainly no Jedi is worth respect.' On meeting a second Jedi, who behaves better than the first, that same person might think, 'Does this say that half the Jedi are good, and half bad?' On meeting a third Jedi, who behaves as well as the second, the person thinks, 'Was the first Jedi an exception, then?' In this way, only by the good behavior of several Jedi can the public be certain that the poor behavior of one Jedi was unusual. Thus, it takes many Jedi to undo the mistakes of one.

And something you guys are quite familiar with...theoretically lol.

Jedi believe In a society governed by laws grounded in reason and compassion, not in fear or prejudice.

10. Jedi serve in many ways. Each action performed, no matter the scale, influences the world. With this in mind Jedi perform each action with peace, caring, love, compassion and humility. So it is that each Jedi improves the world with each deed they perform.

11. Jedi are mindful of their thoughts. We recognise the beauty in others and we provide help to those who come seeking it. Through our benevolent actions we strengthen not only ourselves but also our communities. Jedi act without prejudice.

More
6 years 7 months ago #299339 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Legends News Channel
Thanks for sharing, I didn't even know this News Channel existed.

I'm afraid I won't have the time to contribute this time. That's a pretty tight deadline though. :dry:

I do look forward to the publication, I'll be following the facebook page.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299340 by
Thanks Manu. :)

Originally this did go up August 7 here. I am planning on a new one each month, so hit me up, I'd be happy to work with you on the October Newsletter.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300239 by

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300250 by Alethea Thompson
Just a thing for you- You're not technically the first Jedi News Channel.

The first magazine had Spark Vallen and lasted a couple of newsletters. The second would be mine- Force Realists Magazine, which turned into Force Realists Radio (BlogTalkRadio) and now Force Realists TV (Youtube). The Second two hosted on Knights of Awakening, which may as well have been the first Jedi News group. Other than that, a number of groups have done newsletters...

So, it's a bit of a misadvertisment to say you're the first news channel for the Jedi Community. Best of luck though- having first hand experience, I can tell you that its going to be very time consuming.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300284 by
I never said I was the first. I also didn't say it was for the Jedi community, or that it's a 'jedi' news Channel. I chose Facebook to get it out to the world, as that's who it's for, and what it's about. I talked about it here and elsewhere in jedi groups because I wanted to offer Jedi a chance to give back to the world, and still do.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300287 by Alethea Thompson
It's on the facebook page as being the first.

"Welcome to Legends News Channel, the FIRST Jedi news organization dedicated to the public."

The first dedicated to the public would be Knights of Awakening (which was started by Justin Gates and David Edge with support from Derek Thompson all of Ashla Knights), run completely by Jedi at the time that it began. 2 of the 3 hosts are still Jedi. We addressed public issues, and talked about different topics.

It's not proper advertising. And completely dismisses previous or current groups in that are run by Jedi. Such as JediLiving which addresses public issues as well from the Jedi Prospective. Or Hannigan's Jedi Realist Radio, which also addresses public issues from time to time. There are a few other Jedi vloggers that will take on a public topic- qualifying as news.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300307 by
Apologies Aly, you are right. I had only looked at the official description. It's corrected.