TotJO in the Daily mail

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #269109 by Leah Starspectre
I wouldn't trust anything the Daily Mail says, nor anything from its readers/commenters:

We have the Commission's explanation, and we can use it to grow and evolve, if we wish to go in that direction. I for one, would love to see evolution into structure and cohesion.

As for the Daily Mail, well, you can't fix stupid... ;)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Leah Starspectre.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269110 by
Replied by on topic TotJO in the Daily mail

Trisskar wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Seems Jedi need to get their own house in order but how does the community come to a consensus on what decor will be implemented?

Well....*Cough*GFC*Cough**Cough*

Ahem...Sorry....Furr Ball ;)

:laugh: what is GFC? I know you have worked towards unification and I just saw some very interesting stuff from Ally on that as well today. I know some efforts have happened with the Jedi Compass? But those things are not well advertised or recruited so I don't think most even know about them. Maybe if there were more efforts towards this it would go further? Or maybe I'm just a newb who is talking out my petutie. Idk :silly:

And I know recruitment is not a Jedi philosophy but maybe it needs to be in order for this to evolve? In this I dont mean recruitment to the path but recruitment from within the path to the cause of unification. And even in this, unification does not have to mean cookie cutter, It can mean a united nations sort of thing where all factions are represented by an impartial body that publishes its own writings that are approved by the council... or something? LOL :P just throwing stuff out there cuz i like to see myself type!! :evil:

@goken
All those things do have one thing in common, A man that supposedly lived 2000 years ago and started a revolution in a community by standing up for what he believed so much so that he died for it. That is a powerful message. The Jedi on the other hand evolved out of a science fiction movie. People see that and go "Obsessed Geeks living in their moms basements while pretending to live in another universe".

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269112 by
The Daily Mail is a ragg , i only posted it here because its news about the communtiy loll

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
7 years 4 months ago #269114 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic TotJO in the Daily mail
They havent even spoken to us directly. Any "quotes" they have they took from the other article, and one of them is just completely made up :side:

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 4 months ago #269115 by Leah Starspectre
If you do a news search on Google, there are several articles of varying respectability ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269117 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: @goken
All those things do have one thing in common, A man that supposedly lived 2000 years ago and started a revolution in a community by standing up for what he believed so much so that he died for it. That is a powerful message. The Jedi on the other hand evolved out of a science fiction movie. People see that and go "Obsessed Geeks living in their moms basements while pretending to live in another universe".

There are those who see the Bible as fake and laughable a source as some see Star Wars. Just saying.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269120 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: what is GFC?

We can talk about it in PM if you are still curious :)

Jedi Compass?

Yea....Its just a book :)

But those things are not well advertised or recruited

Actually they and many others both were. Thing Is....TOTJO dosn't allow advertising on here. :-p So you wont get much save the random and casual mention here.

Maybe if there were more efforts towards this it would go further?

Sadly no. Because no matter what is done...not everyone is going to agree and at the end of the day...thats just how it is. For better or worse :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269121 by
Wasn't the Star Wars concept of the Force originally based on certain fundamental religious beliefs like Taoism, et al.? Not all of those have gods (Buddhism), and some branches (certain forms of Taoism, to my understanding (which may be wrong)) have a rather indistinct metaphysical component. The Star Wars works of fiction were simply a catalyst for the blending of certain ideas of thought. Wouldn't this be taken into account? Or am I wrong about some of these ideas...?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269123 by
No....it would not. What something was inspired off of dosn't count. What counts is what we do with it right now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269128 by

Goken wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: @goken

There are those who see the Bible as fake and laughable a source as some see Star Wars. Just saying.

LOL Yes but Christianity is also globally accepted as a valid faith whether they ascribe to it or not. Jediism is not. That's the difference between a religion and a cult to most people.

Trisskar wrote: Actually they and many others both were. Thing Is....TOTJO dosn't allow advertising on here. :-p So you wont get much save the random and casual mention here.

Sadly no. Because no matter what is done...not everyone is going to agree and at the end of the day...thats just how it is. For better or worse

Ahh The temple claims to be all encompassing but it seems that even here the religious wall is put up to block any ideas in competition to its own. I would not consider a project like this to be "advertising" but meh...

As for all agreeing, I would have thought if the United Nations could do it, Jedi should certainly be able to do it! LOL. Especially if they called themselves Jedi and follow the idea of Syncretism. Seems pretty ironic that the factions are all inclusive to every spirituality except other forms of Jediism!