Church of Jediism - Weekend Escapes with Warwick Davis

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #147011 by
A programme on British TV Yesterday, presented by Star Wars' very own Wicket himself Warwick Davis, had a section on real Jedi in Wales.

The section was about 5 minutes, halfway through the show. Warwick imagined they would essentially be role-players, not necessarily helped by the fact the two main guys (I believe the founders of the Church of Jediism) were wearing robes and carrying prop sabers, with which Warwick, his wife and kids were Knighted. Then they went outside and wafted around more sabers.

Whether or not there was a lot more filmed that made for less amusing TV I can't say, but what made it on screen was pretty dismissive stuff I'm afraid. It won't be converting anyone soon, anyway, but I suppose no publicity is bad publicity.

The only good thing about it was Warwick and his son recreating the Ep V "NOOOO" moment.

If anyone feels foolhardy enough to sign up to the accursed ITV, you can watch the episode here. Possibly UK only:
https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/weekend-escapes-with-warwick-davis/series-1/episode-5
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #147013 by Edan
Problem with 'entertainment' programmes on TV, especially with tv channels like ITV, is that they edit shows for 'entertainment'. There could easily have been something meaningful filmed, but that would be too boring and insightful for them to include. TV cynic here, I'm afraid.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #147018 by
The episode is available on YouTube (at least for the time being) for those who are ITV-less. They begin discussing Jediism around 13:20.

Very sensationalist, unfortunately. :) Warwick seems like an intelligent man, but I think it's fair to say that his brief encounter with Jediism wasn't illustrative or representative of the experience that most of us have in the Jedi community.

Thanks for sharing, tzb.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #147023 by
The scene is a little cringe-worthy :unsure: but what substance there is to it was good.

Most of the time companies just want the novelty, it is however something I do not feel comfortable us providing.

More
9 years 3 months ago #176877 by Edan
Is there something about what I said that you don't understand chal?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...