Article from Forbes

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #126055 by
Article from Forbes was created by
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesaltucher/2013/11/22/how-to-be-a-jedi-knight/

We're on the Forbes website. Not us. But a guy who used some Star Wars principles to save his business.

Some of the ways he talks about things makes it very clear he has not thought through it all very well. But, it's always nice to know what's out there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #126067 by
Replied by on topic Article from Forbes
He does seem to babble on, but I think the takeaway of this article is:

"Yoda to young Anakin: “Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering.”

Anger is not an emotion. Fear is the emotion underneath anger. So many times when I have suffered the loss of a business or the downfall of a stock, or the breakup of a relationship, I might feel anger.

But the anger is only a mask. The underlying emotion is fear. Fear that I would go broke and lose my freedom. Fear that I would be lonely and never find someone to love.

Anger will never solve problems. Will never focus you. It will only stab at your brain. Understanding that the underlying emotion is fear allows you to practice the kindness to yourself to heal that fear."

While I would disagree that anger is not an emotion, because I think it is, I would agree that it is driven by fear. If you can conquer the fear, the anger will melt away.

Please Log in to join the conversation.