March Sermon Series

More
4 years 11 months ago #336801 by Nakis
March Sermon Series was created by Nakis
Now that the March Sermon series is done, I was hoping to draw reviews on it. Did you like it, did you not? How was the format? Did people like the progression over the month? Do clergy members like someone taking over a month to do a series, or is there still a desire to break it up every month?

What are your thoughts on the series as a format, and if you want to discuss the topic, by all means! I wanted to showcase this as a way to approach heavier topics without boring people with essays, while still allowing everything to be one cohesive topic. Did I suceed?

Licensed Clergy Person

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #336835 by
Replied by on topic March Sermon Series
Will there be an April series? I would definitely read them.

More
4 years 11 months ago #336845 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic March Sermon Series
As of right now, no. It will be your regular sermon programming. This was sort of a trial run and I don't have anything planned.

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #336862 by
Replied by on topic March Sermon Series
I have only visited the Temple intermittenly, so I am in the midst of the sermons right now. But I do very much like having a month-long theme, with a single person developing the progression from week to week.

With topics and perspectives that change from week to week, I find myself less likely to really engage with, and apply, the lessons than is the case if I know that the following week there will be an opportunity for some added reflection on the same theme. I for one would like to see this continue.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339118 by jpadkins
Replied by jpadkins on topic March Sermon Series
I found them helpful. I did like the build on one theme and think we should do it again.

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi