Story Share- Service- In Honor of Senan, December 2, 2018 @ 17:00 GMT in AJAX

More
5 years 4 months ago #329712 by thomaswfaulkner
Everyone here has done such a wonderful job describing the beautiful light that Senan shared with us all. I'd have to say that our relationship and the time spent learning from, and with him will always have a place in my heart. Senan embodied this form of being that was 100% genuine and 100% him. Throughout our time together, he always provided that since of pouring every ounce of himself into preparing Vlad and I to be the very best versions of ourselves as possible. There was just that pure something about his presence that reassured you that he cared and that was the driving force to help mold me into the person I am today. The light of his life, unbounded, completely transcending what I can only describe as physical or visceral to impact so many people, in so many places, just because he wasn't afraid to be simply who he was. Despite his physical aliments and his duties to his family, Senan made the conscious effort to choose to spend a piece of his life with us...dedicating, upwards to several hours a day to ensure that his Temple, our Temple, could flourish.

One of the most memorable life lessons that I carry with me stems from expanding on tzb's warrior reference that was mentioned a bit earlier. When Senan first reached out to me to speak about what would turn out to be our Apprenticeship, I was in that flowerly stage of Eastern influence where peace and non-violent interventions were the only solutions that I could conceptualize...I'll never forget that conversation with him when he taught me about the parable of the battle-ridden warrior. We have these conceptualizations in books and movies that the Warrior/Hero is this Knight in shiny armor who swoops in and just saves the day without so much as scuff on their uniform. He shared that the experiences of Knight who return from battle with their armor tattered, bent, and broken are the ones who have gone through their trials and returned with a sense of knowledge that could only be obtained through that direct experience. Senan never advocated for promoting satsujinken (the life taking sword) but recognized the importance of having the courage to prepare himself to use katsujinken (the sword of defense). Throughout his battles with cancer, Steve courageously shared his life's light and journey with us and taught us, in my opinion, the most valuable lesson anyone could teach, the manifestation of embodying his principles and values, regardless of the circumstance, and how to preserve...or what he called The Art of Senan.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329715 by Rosalyn J
I wonder if it would be suitable for us to have a portion of the service devoted to lighting a candle in Senan's honor.

Also, I didn't know him as well as some of you. Would you mind telling us what sort of food he liked? What places did he like to go to?

I think in this period of mourning and any time in the future, when we keenly feel the loss, to try and remember him in any way that we can.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329723 by
Sure:

Attachment yinyangyong_4.jpg not found

Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329724 by
Another song Steve mentioned he found haunting, associated with death and dying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqba0IUdiBk

And a quote from Steve himself, written on 8/23/16:

"I am more interested in how people will remember me. This interests me because even though my body will be gone, I will live on in the memories of those I leave behind. Will they remember me for the causes I dedicated my entire time living to, or will it be one distinct moment? Would my family and friends be more likely to remember my voice, my appearance, the things I said and did, or the titles I accumulated? I imagine it will be different for each person, but if it were up to me, I’d like to be remembered for how I made people feel.

When I am gone, I want my legacy to be that I was kind, generous, and thoughtful. I want people to remember me as someone who was giving with my time. I hope people will be able to say that I helped them at some point in their life, even if it was only in a small way. I want my legacy to be a life of service to others. I want to be remembered as a person who embodied the ideals of a Jedi, even if others don’t know that is what I called it. I want to be an instrument of peace during my life so that the memory of me will encourage others to be the same.

This legacy is the one I want to leave, but that doesn’t mean it is the one I will actually be remembered for. My actual legacy will more likely be that I was a happy person who tried to share that happiness with others. I am not always able to help, but I try to be optimistic and encourage optimism in others. I imagine that people will remember me as someone who liked to laugh.

[...]

I don’t know if I will be able to observe what my legacy will be from wherever “I” will go when my body dies. I’m not sure if returning to the Force includes a recap of what the rest of the world thinks of me. I tend to think that the Force will have little concern for how I am to be remembered because as an expression of the Force, I never really die. That is not to say that those I leave behind won’t decide what my legacy is anyway. Perhaps that is how it is meant to be. My legacy will be what other people decide it should be. All I can do is live this life as the best version of me I can be right now so that hopefully my legacy is a positive one once I am gone."
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329734 by
I've yet to fully share my stories because I'm still in disbelief. I will share, however, one of the smaller pleasures that Steve introduced me to, and, a joke amongst our little family.

POOL PARTY!

Attachment poolparty.gif not found

It's the little things that we remember that bring us the smallest and happiest memories. This little thing is one of the emotes on Skype. Usually when a new apprentice entered the family or something good happened, the little guy in his pool outfit with the little tube would come out. It was definitely something that I will cherish forever.
Attachments:

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329736 by thomaswfaulkner

vladucard wrote:

POOL PARTY!

Attachment poolparty.gif not found

It's the little things that we remember that bring us the smallest and happiest memories. This little thing is one of the emotes on Skype. Usually when a new apprentice entered the family or something good happened, the little guy in his pool outfit with the little tube would come out. It was definitely something that I will cherish forever.

This made me smile.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by thomaswfaulkner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329737 by

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329771 by Rosalyn J
Hiya

I was sent a message about whether TOTJO would be donating anything to organizations/charities which are helping to win the fight against colon cancer in honor of Senan. I think that donating is a wonderful idea, however, there is a fee assessed when utilizing our paypal account. To get more out of your donations, please donate directly to the organization of your choice.

I have found a website which offers a list of those organizations helping to find a cure for colon cancer.. The website provides a breakdown of how the organization uses funds so that you can be sure your money is going into research, but neither I, nor TOTJO, can vouch for any of them, so a bit of independent research is required.. This particular link is only for those based in the US. If there are others based in other locales that you'd like to add, please if you would be so kind to post them here.

Also, With permission I have added Kyrin Wyldstar's durge and the dojo emblem to the memorial page

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, , ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329786 by

Rosalyn J wrote:
Also, With permission I have added Kyrin Wyldstar's durge and the dojo emblem to the memorial page

Due to circumstances beyond my control, the dirge has been moved from Senans tribute page to a link in my signature. Please refer to that link moving forward.

Thx!
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

More
5 years 4 months ago #329791 by Adder
Senan was also a founding member and Knight at the Monastic Order of Knights, if that is of interest or suitable for inclusion;
http://monasticorderofknights.org/index.php/first-knights

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi