Open Sermon Slots

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265688 by
Replied by on topic Open Sermon Slots
Just a notice that the calendar is not functioning , people are wondering why there are no more services and what spots are still open ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265732 by
Everyone knows that we have online and written services every month. This is not news, especially for members of the clergy, yet every month we have to beg for people to volunteer to do these sermons. It is really shameful that no one gives due importance to this work and we have to be hard pressed for greater participation, especially from the oldest and most qualified members.

More
7 years 4 months ago #265735 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Open Sermon Slots

Kyber wrote: Everyone knows that we have online and written services every month. This is not news, especially for members of the clergy, yet every month we have to beg for people to volunteer to do these sermons. It is really shameful that no one gives due importance to this work and we have to be hard pressed for greater participation, especially from the oldest and most qualified members.

If you share a calendar of the current remaining slots, and the desired topic for the open sermons, I would be happy to volunteer for one.

So long and thanks for all the fish

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #265736 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Open Sermon Slots
People's lives are busy, so rather than waiting for people to remember in their busy lives that sermons are needed, or guilt-tripping the general population, can we instead let them know what their responsibilities and expectations are?

Maybe have a list of people willing to write sermons regularly and have them on a rotating schedule? That will ensure that we always have sermons on deck, and people can switch days with others, add new regulars to the list, or squeeze in a one-off guest writer as needed.

I'm happy to add my name to a rotating schedule for sermon writing :)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Leah Starspectre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre, Zenchi,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265737 by

Kyber wrote: Everyone knows that we have online and written services every month. This is not news, especially for members of the clergy, yet every month we have to beg for people to volunteer to do these sermons. It is really shameful that no one gives due importance to this work and we have to be hard pressed for greater participation, especially from the oldest and most qualified members.

Be that as it may , there is still no visible calender , nor a forum topic where people can apply. The lack of interest of the clergy members is hardly of my concern , but i do share it with you , i notice that non clergy members are very well represented in the Sermon section. I do not wish to intrude in clergy matters , but maybe its a good idea to motivate clergy students to write and perform sermons at a regular bases ? If i overstep my boundaries and such is already the case i apologize..

Furtermore , with the contstant in and out flux of members the matter of what we all "know" is debatable

More
7 years 4 months ago #265739 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Open Sermon Slots
Thanks everyone. Ive reported the problem. I cant publish sermons. But I have two in the Wings. Hopefully this gets sorted. In the mean time just we have slots on Wednesdays and Saturdays. One can always send a sermon and I will find a slot for it. What to do in the mean time. Maybe a thread?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265741 by

Rosalyn J wrote: Thanks everyone. Ive reported the problem. I cant publish sermons. But I have two in the Wings. Hopefully this gets sorted. In the mean time just we have slots on Wednesdays and Saturdays. One can always send a sermon and I will find a slot for it. What to do in the mean time. Maybe a thread?

A thread sounds like an excellent short time solution indeed :)

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #265744 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Open Sermon Slots

Rosalyn J wrote: One can always send a sermon and I will find a slot for it.?

This still doesn't solve the issue of the ongoing shortage of sermons, though.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Leah Starspectre.

More
7 years 4 months ago #265746 by Rosalyn J
I know. That isn't a new issue, but we sort of have to work with what we have. We've tried several different solutions and it's really unfortunate that this still ends up being a problem despite our effort.

I like your suggestion though Leah. I think that would be helpful

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 4 months ago #265748 by Rosalyn J
To answer your original question Mata

November 26 and 30th are open as well as all of the Wednesdays and Saturdays in December

:)

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi