Live Service for Memorial Day - 31st October 2013

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123101 by

Naya wrote: It's also the Witches New Year, but we're actually preparing for Beltane here in the Southern Hemisphere.

Indeed! It is easy for us that reside in the Northern Hemisphere to forget that our brothers and sister on the other side of the world are celebrating the inverse. However, I always remember that reflection and it will be mentioned and honoured as part of the celebration.

The date for Memorial Day was chosen to align with the Northern Hemisphere version of Samhein simply because more of us live here so please do not feel left out - after all, light and dark are but reflections of each other :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123103 by
Oh no, I don't feel left out at all. Just pointing it out as a matter of interest. You'd be surprised at how many people don't realize that the seasons in the southern hemisphere are opposite of the northern hemisphere.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123135 by
I have family in Australia so I'm quite used to them talking about their Summer while all around me is rain and cold! :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123146 by
Cool! I'm not actually originally from here (I'm from the US), so it took some getting used to, but the bonus is I always wanted a summer birthday and now I have one. Lol

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123175 by
That's the way to do it! lol

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123176 by
As a reminder to all, the service is tonight at 2100 UTC. Hope to see you there!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123249 by
Service in 10 minutes....

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi