A Request for Painless Passage.

More
15 years 2 months ago #21874 by Zanthan Storm
My Family of the Force,

Some of you know me well, others may not at all. As a Jedi I have done my duty with pleasure and others with faith. My one call is healing, but as all know there are some illnesses that can not be reversed. Some cures that are worse than the disease.

Last year I had a gift given to me in many ways. Two, I had never received before: A wife and a Grandfather, Neither I have ever had in my life.

Now one of those is being taken from us. It pains my wife more than I. He suffers from end stage cancer. He now stays at home in Hospice AKA comfort care. I love him, as my grandfather. In the few years I have known him, his family, honor, morals and most of all his faith is his legacy. Today his condition has worsened and he can not intake food or drink.

Now My Friends, I ask your prayers, thoughts and collective energies in assuring a brief and painless passage for him.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21875 by
Mike,

I will keep you and your family in my meditations and if you need to talk you can call anytime.

MTFSYW and Keep you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21876 by
It is always sad when some one is in pain.Its one of the great mysteries of the Force.Some times we learn from it and some times we don't but there are times when the pain of others shows us how weak and fragile life really is.It's through the suffering of others that we learn how much we need the Force and how much it needs us to protect the life that it brings.

I will keep your Grandfather and you in my thoughts

I wish to share with you some words that might seem funny to some but have helped me keep going.

\"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who pass on to the greater world. Do not mourn them. Do not miss them. You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose\"

-Frank Oz
(AKA)Yoda

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21877 by
I'm sorry Mike. I'm sorry that you're losing your Grandfather.

But I'm glad that you were eventually able to know what it was like to have one.

I pray that he has a peaceful transition. I'm sure it will help him along knowing how much he means to you.

When it comes my time, I hope that someone will cherish my memory, as you will undoubtedly cherish his.

MTFBWY, my brother. And May the Force guide him home.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
15 years 2 months ago #21882 by Jon

Dear Master Zanthan! Thank you for sharing that with us. To receive a wife and family in marriage is truly a gift. I too have experienced this. The wonderful thing is that these gifts, even if we have to part in the material, remain. They have helped to reform our lives and take a place in our hearts. We are priveledged by having been touched. This does not take the pain away that love brings, but in the Force we find the strength to remain steadfast. You and your family are in my thoughts. MTFBWY all.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21884 by
It goes without saying that you and the family (and Grandfather) are in my thoughts - I hope I also speak for all in this.

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21886 by
Know that he is in all of our hearts and as someone that just recently lost a loved one due to cancer (my hubby's great uncle) I know that his passing is probably much better then him living with this any longer.
MTFBWY and guide him on his passage

More
15 years 2 months ago #21913 by Zanthan Storm
Yesterday at 1134pm CST My grandfather returned to the Force. He was called and he came. My friends I thank you for your support. Your wishes have been a godsend and both my wife and I are grateful. I will be unreachable for the weekend.

He passed quietly without pain. This we all are thankful for.

~Mike

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 months ago #21914 by
May the Force be with you and your family in your time of mourning for his loss, and the celebration of his life. We are here for you, brother!

More
15 years 2 months ago #22071 by Angelus
My Master, i'm sorry I did not find this post sooner. I share your pain; because you are my Master, and one of my, if not my single, best friend at TOTJO, Master.

I share the pain that you feel, and hope that I can lift some of it off your shoulders, as well as your wifes. Though, I will leave the happiness to you and your family, that comes with knowing that he is happy, and that he is well, once more, though I will rejoice with you.

You and your family will make it. MTFBWY!
Angelus, your Apprentice.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135