My Girlfriend

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #208149 by
My Girlfriend was created by
As some of you have seen, my girlfriend attempted suicide last night. This was her second attempt and it comes a few weeks after starting counselling for PTSD.

She's OK, the pills made her sick and she got most of them out of her system that way. I guess we need to reconsider the counselling. I'm just not really sure what to do to help with that side of things.

If you'd keep her in your thoughts and/or prayers over the coming weeks I'd be very grateful. I honestly have no idea if it makes a difference, but right now I'd try anything for her.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #208158 by
Replied by on topic My Girlfriend
Yeah, I didn't think it would be quite appropriate to post something in your journal, but my heart went out to the two of you. I'm not overly a prayer kind of person

I believe in the Law of Attraction, because I've seen it happen to me. I know that everyone's good thoughts/prayers of help for your girlfriend will make a difference. It may be small things that you don't notice at first, like thought pattern changes that are healthier and happier, but eventually you'll notice.

My parents, both in-laws and natural, prayed that I would find a new job for over a year or so because the one I was in was so toxic and abusive that it was killing my body and soul. I was so depressed because I hated my life, my work, and everything except my family and close friends, that it took their love, support and prayers for over a year for me to help get myself out of that funk. Finally I realized that opportunities to leave my job were passing me up because I wasn't aware that they were true opportunities. I told myself that I would apply to all of the job leads I would get, and the first one to contact me back would be the one I would work for. All that while, I was hoping to find a place that payed decently, would offer some time off here and there, and had job stability--all of which I found from the first place that called me for an interview.

While I may not be 100% happy at my new job (second shift sucks), I continued practicing the Law of Attraction, believing that an Accounting job (or other office-related job that I'm more adept to working at) would show up either in job listings online, or internally within the company--and I just applied to an Accounting job internally last week, and will have an interview this week.

TL:DR--Positive things always help, regardless if you see a change or not. :)

More
8 years 4 months ago #208159 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic My Girlfriend
I pray there is no organ damage, and I pray she moves past considering that course of action in the future. Thoughts are with you both at this difficult time.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #208162 by
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. May you both find the strength to persevere through this awful hardship. Please don't forget to look after yourself too in the midst of all this.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #208163 by
Thinking of you both in this difficult and worrying time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #208166 by
As someone who has struggled with suicide and PTSD, my heart goes out to you and your girlfriend. You'll both be in my thoughts, and I hope for her speedy recovery.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #208197 by
I wish for a quick recovery for the both of you. Sometimes when addressing PTSD even in a therapeutic setting we can jostle loose dark and frightening things we never intended to disturb, if we even realized they were there to begin with. My heart is with the both of you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #208204 by

I honestly have no idea if it makes a difference

I think it does. My best thoughts for both of you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #208205 by
tzb, you take care. You and your family are in my thoughts. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #208215 by
I wish you both much peace, calm and comfort in the days ahead. Sorry to hear this happened to you both. :(

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi