My Mother

More
9 years 11 months ago #145776 by Proteus
My Mother was created by Proteus
I have learned what love is, what sacrifice is, what peace is, what friendship is, and most of all, what strength is.

I learned it from my my father... but I very much also learned it from my mother.

Through 15 years of her life, she battled and defeated 3 rounds of cancer.

First was the throat... She gave her voice for it.

The next two were her esophagus (5 inch long tumor).
None of the doctors were betting on her that time.

Out of nowhere, the tumors vanished... the doctors were dumbfounded... they couldn't explain it...

She eradicated it with only the help of a small amount of chemotherapy in less than half a year. Her circumstances were officially "extremely unique and almost impossibly rare". She wasn't even phased by it. It was like nothing had ever happened.

At least six months ago, another tumor appeared on the frontal lobes of her brain. Imagine that battle...

Just the thought of somebody fighting what she had to... I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. She wrestled that bull like a champion...

Well, in time, everything changes... and we can't always win...

But she taught me one last thing when she passed away last night...

We don't always need to.

Apparently, if there was anyone I ever knew on this earth who was truly a Jedi, it was my mother... and my father, who also battled cancer the last part of his life would certainly agree...

Through everything she went through, while keeping her head up as high as she did, she showed all of us how to be strong with the Force. And now she has returned to it.

I may not be around much for the next few days or weeks... my life is likely about to undergo a radical change in living situation. But I will be on skype whenever I can to contact for those of you who do talk with me.

Thanks for all of your support, those who have already known about it and those who care.

I love you all.

May the Force be with you.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Jestor, Alexandre Orion and 4 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #145779 by
Replied by on topic My Mother
My deepest condolences to you. I just recently lost my father-in-law after he got ran over by a careless driver. It was on my birthday, of all days. My way of dealing with it was by writing his eulogy for my wife and her family. As you illustrated, we remember a life by all the positive contributions to our own lives. You mention how strong your parents were in living and battling with cancer. That is quite the battle, indeed. May you be at peace in remembering their positive influence in your life.

May the Force be with you, always.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #145781 by
I'll be thinking of you and your family Proteus. She sounds like a truly remarkable person. Feel what you feel, take comfort where you can, be kind to yourself and keep going.

Much love to you as well.

The Force is with you, always.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #145784 by
My deepest sympathy to you and your family. It is in these times that we are reminded to the fragile and impermanence of our lives, but yet how everlasting the influence of great people are. Your mother sounds like a remarkable woman. Peace and comfort are my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

More
9 years 11 months ago #145786 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic My Mother
Strength and Peace be with you Pro, love you back brother...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus

More
9 years 11 months ago #145789 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic My Mother
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Death, yet the Force.

May your mother be at peace, in a place free from pain...
And you and your family also.

You know that I'm always thinking of you. Sending all of my love and comfort...

Be strong, and remember that we are all here for you... :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren, Proteus

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #145791 by
Thoughts and intention of strength and clarity coming your way, may the force comfort and guide you at this sad time, likewise your family.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #145839 by
My heart and thoughts are with you at this time. I'm so sorry, Proteus..

More
9 years 10 months ago #145847 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic My Mother
Sorry to hear Proteus, she sounds like a beautiful person.
<virtual hug>

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #145857 by
May the Force be with you, Proteus. Thank you sharing this with us and I wish you and yours all the best in the days ahead.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi