• User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #142803 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Raising funds for TotJO

Akkarin wrote:

steamboat28 wrote: On this note, all I'm going to say is that, from what I've seen, Dudeism is more active than TOTJO.

Dudeism.

Let that sink in for a minute. A religion, based on a single cult film about a white-russian-drinking bathrobe-wearing nobody, whose sole tenet is "take it easy, man", is more active than a religion based on arguably the most successful sci-fi franchise of all recorded history, wherein the greatest sage seen in the films is quoted as saying "do or do not. there is no try."

I don't understand the significance of this point. The only thing I can think of is... so what? :huh:

I'm happy being me, I'm not in competition with anyone and neither is TotJO.

I think that it may have been a joke based on the fact that Dudism has a creed of "chill out and relax maaaan". The attempted humor being that we are even more passive and non active on this front than a movement dedicated to being passive.

I could be wrong.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #142805 by Brenna

Akkarin wrote:
TotJO is very passive, we always have been. We don't go on recruitment drives, we don't send PMs to people asking for donations, we don't try and sell people merchandise.

We let ourselves be open to the public and people join us.
We have a donate button and people give us money.
We have a merchandise store and people buy things.

We don't 'push', we just sit here and things take care of themselves.

If the store never sells anything then that doesn't matter, it isn't there to make money, it is there to provide TotJO branded merchandise to people that want it. Having the store costs us nothing, if it did we probably wouldn't have it, it just sits there and people buy now and then. It is not a question of 'mining out' because we aren't mining...

So why do we have a marketing and PR department then? I'm assuming we have one as we have a head of marketing and PR.

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 weeks ago #142806 by
Replied by on topic Raising funds for TotJO

Brenna wrote: So why do we have a marketing and PR department then? I'm assuming we have one as we have a head of marketing and PR.

Member: "I would like to buy some TotJO branded merchandise"
Councillor: "Ok cool, I'll get someone to organise that."

Journalist: "I would like to talk to someone about Jediism and TotJO."

Offices and departments arise out of need. There have been seven journalistic inquiries about TotjO since the beginning of January.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #142808 by Brenna

Akkarin wrote:

Brenna wrote: So why do we have a marketing and PR department then? I'm assuming we have one as we have a head of marketing and PR.

Member: "I would like to buy some TotJO branded merchandise"

Journalist: "I would like to talk to someone about Jediism and TotJO."

Offices and departments arise out of need. There have been seven journalistic inquiries about TotjO since the beginning of January.

Fair enough. An official contact person for media inquiries is important. But a media liaison and a marketing person are two totally different things

Our merchandise is not marketed either. Though I can appreciate people needing to be pointed towards the sales site.

As you have said yourself, we do not market TOTJO in any way.

Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Brenna.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 weeks ago #142809 by

Brenna wrote: Fair enough. An official contact person for media inquiries is important. But a media liaison and a marketing person are two totally different things

Our merchandise is not marketed either. Though I can appreciate people being needed to be pointed towards the sales site.

Maybe we are meant to do marketing... but I'm just too lazy? :woohoo: :P

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #142810 by Jestor

Brenna wrote:

Akkarin wrote:

steamboat28 wrote: On this note, all I'm going to say is that, from what I've seen, Dudeism is more active than TOTJO.

Dudeism.

Let that sink in for a minute. A religion, based on a single cult film about a white-russian-drinking bathrobe-wearing nobody, whose sole tenet is "take it easy, man", is more active than a religion based on arguably the most successful sci-fi franchise of all recorded history, wherein the greatest sage seen in the films is quoted as saying "do or do not. there is no try."

I don't understand the significance of this point. The only thing I can think of is... so what? :huh:

I'm happy being me, I'm not in competition with anyone and neither is TotJO.

I think that it may have been a joke based on the fact that Dudism has a creed of "chill out and relax maaaan". The attempted humor being that we are even more passive and non active on this front than a movement dedicated to being passive.

I could be wrong.

I'll be honest, I must have read it like Akkarin, :lol:...

To be clear, you are saying Dudism, which, to be honest, would probably be my second choice for a religion lol...

Dudism is more aggressive in its tactics than we are?

Remember, as you are getting ready to type half of a sentence, then trail off, that things don't translate that well face to face sometimes...

Let alone over the internet...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #142814 by Brenna

Akkarin wrote:

Brenna wrote: Fair enough. An official contact person for media inquiries is important. But a media liaison and a marketing person are two totally different things

Our merchandise is not marketed either. Though I can appreciate people being needed to be pointed towards the sales site.

Maybe we are meant to do marketing... but I'm just too lazy? :woohoo: :P

:) "meant to" is irrelevant. But having a marketing department indicates that we do marketing, but you've said that we don't because its always been the policy not to :P

Akkarin wrote: Offices and departments arise out of need.

So if we do not do marketing, because its our policy not to, what need is there for a department or office of marketing?

Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Brenna.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #142816 by Jestor

Brenna wrote:

Akkarin wrote: Offices and departments arise out of need.

So if we do not do marketing, because its our policy not to, what need is there for a department or office of marketing?

Because we didnt know what to call our departments...;)

We picked names for them, and ran with it...

They can be changed...:)

We wondered about growth, what it would encompass, and all sots of things..

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 weeks ago #142824 by
The only "marketing" we should do is in respects to what we can help with other people, meditation , life perspectives, etc.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #142825 by Wescli Wardest
Speaking of marketing....

I have some rat whiskers I'd like to sell! :whistle:

hahahhahahhahha :P :woohoo:

Monastic Order of Knights

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi