Jedi Academy Online Bookstore - Opie Macleod

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #102128 by
In the end, though, relevance is only important to those of us trying to make a distinction around here.

The terms don't actually matter, which is what I was trying to say earlier.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #102150 by Alethea Thompson
Well as I never heard you coin the term before and specifically went in search of the term on the Internet before I used it, the fact that the people whom use the term as I intended it makes the term exactly what I have defined it as. For all intents and purposes, it is a term determined by my parameters. That said, I disagree with Conner on one point, the term isn't mine, it belongs to all of the Force Realist Community (Jedi, Sith, Krath, Baran Do, and the like). Jedi Realism, however, as I recall was coined by Xhaiden.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
11 years 1 week ago #102152 by Alethea Thompson
Also, Ren find me a place where I ever stated that I registered the term. You will not because I never made the claim.

Jedi Pragmatic is not what I call Opie because it was created for him, but rather that he created it to describe his own path. It is only a recent event that he has begun to move towards eliminating the three primary "schools of thought" from his vocabulary. Though....you wouldn't guess such from some of his introductions on JAO where he states they practice Jedi Pragmaticism.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #102156 by
Okay children, calm down...

Yes, Connor has linked something that is for sale on another site. Is that so bad? If I found something awesome and star-wars related, I'd link it here. Ideologies may differ, but the community definitely doesn't need to be any more divided than it already is. My stance on force-tradition-isms (Nightsisters of Dathomirism, coming soon) are known, but I don't have any problem with those who adhere to it.

From what I've heard of Opie, he's a bit of a controversial member of this community. But he's producing works to spread the word. So what if it's not his religion? It doesn't have to be one. Religious devotion to the Force isn't what brought me here, and I won't speak for anyone else but I'm sure there's others who come to the community without really thinking of it as a religion.

It's the inspiration, the messages and the ideals from Star Wars that bring people to this site and others. I'm less interested in magic and armchair philosophy than I am with becoming an all-round awesome person, which this community encourages when it stops squabbling over semantics.

Off on a bit of a tangent there and I do apologise.

Connor linked something related to walking one form of the Jedi Path. Those books can be a learning resource for those interested in learning about the broader community, but may not know what sites are credible and which ones aren't. Better they end up on Opie's site than something run by someone malicious, or someone who's merely roleplaying. There's a few roleplay sites which almost had me fooled for awhile.

Knowing Connor, his only intent was to provide information and awareness on the fact that someone in this community is doing something, even if it is as trivial as making Jedi Academy t-shirts.

In conclusion... what has more relevant value? A Jedi site, or my link below?

Heavy Metal Gangnam Style

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #102159 by
well, to your credit, it IS. A pretty cool link.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 week ago #102175 by ren

Also, Ren find me a place where I ever stated that I registered the term. You will not because I never made the claim.

You did, back on the old JRC forum (where i first met you). And on that site of yours, with a big "tm". But that doesn't matter. The term is only ever used by yourself and doesn't mean much, as a quick search will show.

Xhaiden didn't coin jedi realism. he arrived in 2005, and was a Jediist. Jedi realism already existed back then. It was very probably coined @ jedi academy. (or by the people who created it)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 1 week ago #102177 by Wescli Wardest
I'm not sure I understand the point of bringing all this up? :dry:
What happened in the past are thngs that are just that, in the past. We must learn from the past but that does not mean we are the same person now that we were then. :)

Lets try and play nice with one another. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 week ago #102182 by ren

I'm not sure I understand the point of bringing all this up?
What happened in the past are thngs that are just that, in the past. We must learn from the past

eliminating misinformation is the point. You can't learn from history if you allow people to rewrite it to fit their agendas.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 1 week ago #102187 by Wescli Wardest
I was not referring to only one person. ;)

Accuracy in what is relayed is always important, I will not argue that.

And, I am not referring only to you now…

In several topics over the last few days, it seems that tempers are getting shorter. As an outsider looking in, it appears that a lot of the discussion is coming to a halt and the “he said, she said” or the “I’m right and you’re not” mind set as prevailed.

This just happens to be the point where I decided to step in and remind everyone that we are all here for the same reasons… to discuss, share and learn from our diversity.

And ask that we all play nice while doing so.

Thank you.
;)

Monastic Order of Knights

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 week ago #102188 by Jestor

Wescli Wardest wrote: I was not referring to only one person. ;)

Accuracy in what is relayed is always important, I will not argue that.

And, I am not referring only to you now…

In several topics over the last few days, it seems that tempers are getting shorter. As an outsider looking in, it appears that a lot of the discussion is coming to a halt and the “he said, she said” or the “I’m right and you’re not” mind set as prevailed.

This just happens to be the point where I decided to step in and remind everyone that we are all here for the same reasons… to discuss, share and learn from our diversity.

And ask that we all play nice while doing so.

Thank you.
;)

Thank you...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi