Myths?

More
11 years 5 months ago #82185 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Re: Myths?
lol,

okay if you don't mind....

Sajjad Heydari wrote: Yeah, that's just another way to put my words ;-)

Well, what I was wishing the discussion would lead to, is an answer to the last questions I asked... "Why we have these myths? Why people spend money to hear those story again, rather than staying home, listening old stories from their grand parents?"

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #82217 by
Replied by on topic Re: Myths?
"Why Do We Have These Myths"
. Let it be known we are creatures that have placed ourselves in a very unnatural style of living, one which is harmful for our species. Because its unnatural we have to constantly keep it sustained via Myths, so that our unnatural life-style doesn't turn into more of a burden by creating chaos and confusion. Since we've volunteered to stay in this state of living generation after generation we've had to update our Myths to keep relevant, to keep the next generation interested in our cultures main Meme. Without these Myths to keep the culture current, you are left with a break down in understanding between members within the culture. You can definitely see it happen in America when you look at political parties-
. FYI: Did you know we didn't have a strict "2 Party System" until after the great depression in 1932? The point to be made here is before that moment, there was a central Meme(Myth) called "Manifest Destination" and EVERYONE in the American version of our culture understood it, but after the great depression that Meme changed... Both sides want to share their side of the myth but If you don't have a central Myth nobody will agree, leading to more confusion, which leads to the circus act we call elections. Which is my eyes is a major Myth needing to be exposed.....

"Why Do People Spend Money On These Myths(Stories) Again And Again?"
. Well this question gets easier if we now understand the state of confusion we are in. Without a main meme to keep this unnatural life-style sustained, we get desperate for any outsource that will draw us closer to having our own main myth again. Again many choose to go towards politics to get their fill of the story, Religion is another path, Many also decide to use drugs and alcohol to suppress the confusion, while others choose less drastic measures like immersing themselves in other stories like movies and books. Silly as it sounds but choosing to just pick a career is part of this confusion too, which can explain why so many people spend their entire lives chasing a career and rarely end up happy with it.

"Listen To Old Stories With Their Grand Parents"

. When did we stop listening to our Elders? Shouldn't they be the ones we admire for our intelligence? Isn't their view the most relevant as far as History? Why does it seem like society wants to make our Elders all out to be loonies or senile old folks?
Honestly i dont know, maybe all this confusion has made us turn against them, making them a burden.... but I do know that in our Tribal days our Elders were the focal point of all the stories, masters of passing down history and knowledge. And knowing we are in the culture of amnesia, I'd like to see the day we choose to replace whatever Meme we're in today with an Elder based understanding of history, so just maybe we wont forget where we came from....

-Hope this helps Sajjad =)

More
11 years 5 months ago #82234 by MCSH
Thanks Sikik :)

Well, I asked "Why we want to see movies, instead of hearing old stories from grand parents" I didn't said we don't listen to them!

More
11 years 4 months ago #82691 by MCSH
okay, let me give answer myself.

because those myths are too old for our age, we need new ones...

Okay, as I'm going to be away for a while, I will no longer answer to this topic, will ask either master Daniel L. or Sikisoulja to continue this...

MTFBWY!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi