disney bought lucasfilm, new star wars movie on the way?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #78797 by
I can't help but think that disney will capitalize on this move by resurrecting the most profitable movie franchise in the history of two universes...episodes 7 - 9 anyone?

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/disney-buying-lucas-films-for-4-billion/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #78799 by
It's hard to see how this could be worse than the crap Lucas put into 1-3. Then again, it's Disney, everything will be frilly and happy and there will probably be sing along songs throughout.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #78801 by
i dunno, hasnt disney made some pretty heavy adult fare in the past? i cant think of any of the top of my head, but havent they?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #78802 by

Desolous wrote: I can't help but think that disney will capitalize on this move by resurrecting the most profitable movie franchise in the history of two universes...episodes 7 - 9 anyone?

They've already confirmed that they're going to be making Episode 7 for release in 2015. Simply amazing! And George Lucas will have little to no input on how it gets made, the directing style, use of real props instead of ubiquitous CGI, etc.

discordor wrote: It's hard to see how this could be worse than the crap Lucas put into 1-3.

I completely agree! It should only be improvement from here on out. Good bye George Lucas and Jar Jar.

discordor wrote: Then again, it's Disney, everything will be frilly and happy and there will probably be sing along songs throughout.

Actually, this is kind of a misconception based on what Disney's roots were. They've since gone on to buy out Pixar and Marvel, which has resulted in the making of some awesome action movies such as Iron Man 2, Captain America, The Avengers, and Thor. I think they have become much more capable of doing justice to a new Star Wars trilogy (and hopefully more than just three movies). This is what happens when you wish upon a Death Star!

Here are some movie ideas I found on Twitter that they should avoid:
"These Are Not The Dwarves You're Looking For"
"Lightsaber In The Stone"
"Beauty and the Bantha"
"The Flubber Menace"
"Snow White and the Seven Ewoks"
"Palpatine's New Groove"
"Jabba the Pooh"
"20,000 Parsecs Under The Sea"
"Buzz Lightsaber"

There are so many of these...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #78803 by
As I have already said before:

Now that George Lucas isn't involved they might be able to make a decent Star Wars movie :P

That is of course until they turn a firefight between Han and some Storm Troopers into a musical number... :dry:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #78805 by
I am SO freakin excited right now!

(proper emoticon inserted)
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by . Reason: removed an extraneous 'n'

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #78806 by
How about this I feel, certain I am not.

*Starts singing and dancing*
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #78807 by
Best news I've heard since I saw the Man of Steel trailer at the Dark Knight Rises!

Oh and the Disney musical number part doesn't really apply anymore...those were just in classic Disney animation movies. Pirates of the Caribbean (although the HMS Bounty got sunk last night so those movies are toast), Narnia movies, Marvel movies, Pixar movies...and I don't know about you guys but I loved Tron Legacy.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by . Reason: Addition

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #78808 by
By the way this totally shouldn't be in 'Introduce Yoursel' :silly:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #78809 by

Akkarin wrote: By the way this totally shouldn't be in 'Introduce Yoursel' :silly:

Well, in a way, this is the new, awesome Star Wars introducing itself. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi