EPISODE II-C3PO

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58427 by
Replied by on topic Re: EPISODE II-C3PO
don't forget that the droid's memories we wiped at the end of ep III which is why the droids would have not recognised them. Also C3P0 wasn't gold in ep II but a blunt metal so there would be a difference there.
Also remeber the time frame from epII to epIV is well over 20 years as epII to IV is about 20 years, and quite simply people forget

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #61350 by
ok. to answer some thing from your answers. Lars dude wouldnt reconise C-3PO because the trilogy was made before the prequels so none of the modern stuff happend. but when they created the alternitive ending to return of the jedi they could have done the beginning of a new hope. and i think that how C-3PO got onboard Padme's ship is because hes a noesy little droid who doesnt know when hes not wanted.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #61367 by
#1 - OWEN Lars failed to recognise Threepio because he wasn't gold-plated when the droid worked on his moisture farm. Threepio didn't remember because he had his memory banks wiped.

#2 - Ben Kenobi had a cover to uphold so that Luke (or anyone for that matter) wouldn't be aware of his true identity as a Jedi Knight. Were Ben to acknowledge that he knew a droid who had admitted himself to be involved in the Rebellion against the Empire, it would force Luke to question Ben's past.
On top of that, as I believe someone pointed out before me, he didn't deny knowing the droid, he merely denied ever owning a droid. And he made it very clear in the prequel trilogy that he was not fond of droids to begin with.

And to address ren's plot holes in Lucas' story...

first padme was a queen, then an ambassador, then leia remembers her except she died during childbirth, anakin skywalker is a damn jedi master sitting on the council who just buys into some lame story that he has to join the dark side to save padme because of a vision of her not being dead he had? Give me a break.

Han shot first? No Han shot, greedo didn't.

#1 - Yes, Padme was an elected queen. Then when her reign was up--as explained by her in the film Attack of the Clones--the new queen asked her to stay on as senator of Naboo, so she took Palpatine's spot in the Senate.

#2 - Padme was alive when Leia was born, and as a Force-sensitive, Leia may have had the ability to recall very early memories. Though I fully admit that is a weak argument, and personally agree that it is unlikely that Leia would remember such a thing.

#3 - Anakin never became a Jedi master. He was granted a spot on the council on behalf of the Chancellor, but was never given the rank of master.

#4 - Anakin's vision of Padme was that she died in childbirth. Yes, DIED. Unable to bear the thought of losing her )like he did his mother) Anakin--who had sworn never to let anything like that happen again, that he would be strong enough to overcome it--not so much as succumbed to the Dark side as he elected to delve into its studies in an attempt to save Padme from dying.
When this didn't work out, he fell fully into the Dark side because it was all he had left. He carried out Sidious' orders with the thought of saving his wife, and when she and the entire Jedi order were gone, all he had left in his life was his 'friend' Palatine/Sidious, who then saved his life after he nearly burned to death on the lava planet of Mustafar in episode three. The only reason he survived was because Palpatine/Sidious built him the suit to keep him alive.

#5 - They fired simultaneously. If you look at the original 1977 edition of Star Wars, though the blaster fire is difficult to make out, a 'bullet' hole does appear next to Han Solo's head after the firing. Greedo fired and missed if you look closely.

I'm not defending Lucas on everything, but I do feel that he doesn't deserve to be blamed for every misunderstanding about Star Wars. Just saying...
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #61371 by
Perfectly defended...
thanks Ace! ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #61430 by
yes that look back on the cool movie was correct but if you look at it movie wise a new hope came before attack of the clones and so on.but how owen lars couldnt reconise C-3po is just not posible. how can you forget someone so anoying?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi