Star Wars - The Old Republic Game

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50244 by
I would like to join or start of guild of Jedi Temple members who play the game. Who is interested?:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50251 by
I'd be into that sort of thing. Don't expect me to be online frequently though.

Something I have discovered is that it is possible to make the game's story more interesting by forming a questing group rather than doing everything by yourself. Saves time doing group missions, flashpoints, and shows you more of the story because you can do the other classes' class-specific missions with your buddies.

Works best if the team is all different basic classes.

Of course it is sometimes difficult to have everyone online at once, so it would work better if you had one character doing the group thing and another character who "goes it alone." Add the go-it-alone characters as friends so you can see when your partner is online and then switch to the "team-up" characters to enjoy a more intriguing story... hehehe

At any rate. I'd be game. What server do you frequent? I am presently on The Bastion though I have dabbled in the RP-PvP servers on the U.S. side. I would be willing to try out the euro-side if that is where you are, or some other server type than PvP if you want.

Just bear in mind that my job makes it impossible for me to play every day... in fact I can't play at all today. Maybe Monday evening (pacific time) though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50258 by
... this is the largest MOPG is the history of gaming (btw). the servers are made to have thousands play together... no boby needs to wait on the sidelines!!

More
12 years 2 months ago #50270 by Br. John
How does this game work? Do you buy it at the store or online? What do you need computer-wise?

I have not played any computer games in many years so assume I know nothing.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50275 by
I play currently and would love to do this.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #50276 by
Master Br. John,
You buy the game from either the store or online. I believe you get a bit of free-play time, and after that you pay to play monthly. Monthly might not be the only option, but it's what I do.
Computer wise:
Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:
Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

Taken from the website: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#171060
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by .

More
12 years 2 months ago #50286 by Br. John
Thank you Reliah.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50325 by
My employer and his friends play this as well

You will all have to join the same server, you might be able to switch once you've chosen but I'd find out first

I was interested in the game, but decided against it because I prefer the idea behind Star Wars Galaxies (now closed down (except for the pre-CU mod))

I'm also already playing EVE Online and don't think I want to start up a second MMO

More
12 years 2 months ago #50330 by Ben
I've desperately wanted to get and play this game ever since it came out but I really don't think my current laptop would be able to cope with it. I don't really speak fluent 'computer-specifications-language' so looking at the game specifications is a bit like gobbledygook to me, but I rather suspect that it would end up being a waste of money if I did buy it and so I'll have to leave it until I next replace my laptop :(

Hope the rest of you can work something out so you can play together though, I'll join you in a few years time....

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50331 by

V-Tog wrote: 've desperately wanted to get and play this game ever since it came out but I really don't think my current laptop would be able to cope with it. I don't really speak fluent 'computer-specifications-language' so looking at the game specifications is a bit like gobbledygook to me, but I rather suspect that it would end up being a waste of money if I did buy it and so I'll have to leave it until I next replace my laptop :(

Hope the rest of you can work something out so you can play together though, I'll join you in a few years time....

Well I work at a games retailer lol so roughly how much did you pay for it and how long ago?

Also is it a netbook (very small laptop) or a notebook (standard/large size laptop)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi